Trusted Contributor

How do you make your quartz countertops shine?

Any tips?  TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: How do you make your quartz countertops shine?

I continue to use the product the installers used.  Its called Somaca

Hi-Gloss Stone Countertop.  It is described as a cleaner-polish-protectant for sealed and unsealed natural stone surfaces and engineered stone surfaces.

It has a pleasant scent.  I tend to use it more frequently on areas of the countertops that get more frequent usage, like around the sink.  Believe I restocked my supply thru Amazon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My quartz counters never shine. They were manufactured without a shiny surface.  Quartz material can be ordered with a matt or glossy finish. if you have the matt finish, you cannot make them glossy.

I use a granite and quartz spray product that I buy at the grocery store, to keep them nice. I just spray and wipe. There are several brands and they all work good, but Weinman is the one I buy most often.

I have granite in my home too that is glossy.  They same product keeps them clean and shiny.

Honored Contributor

Quartz doesn't shine. If you wanted a shiny surface perhaps granite would have been a better choice. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I use a product called daily granite for natural stone surfaces. Leaves a high shine and an apple scent.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My quartz kitchen counters and center island shine, even when they haven't been cleaned.  Not true that quartz doesn't shine.

I use SIMPLE GREEN STONE CLEANER & POLISH, available at Home Depot and probably lots of other places.

Spray bottle  label says

"Perfect for daily use, non-abrasive, streak-free"

"Safe to use daily for granite, marble, travertine, limestone, porcelain, ceramic, quartz and engineered stone surfaces."

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Quartz doesn't shine. If you wanted a shiny surface perhaps granite would have been a better choice. 

Not so. My Silestone kitchen counters have been shining since we installed them 14 years ago.  They still look like new. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I just had quartz put in a few weeks ago and they were shiny upon install.  I read to buff them with a microfiber towel.

That's all I've done so far.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN