Respected Contributor

Re: How do you like to sleep?

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

My husband says it is quiet.  Since I remove my hearing aids when I go to bed, any noise is not likely to disturb my sleep.

No learning curve for me, I dropped right off to a sound night of sleep the first night.

Wow! lucky you!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like to sleep in a cold, very dark room, about 55', and I have to wear earplugs to block out all sounds.

That sounds more like what I prefer. I want a pitch black, absoutely silent room. I sometimes think a coffin would work well for me.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I like it cool but not cold.  I am a back sleeper.  My cat loves to jump on top of me so I can pet her and then she ends up lying next to me.  She's a burst of warmth.  However, when it's time for sleep she goes in her bed which is on the floor opposite my bed (side).  She has her own blanket but we call it blankie.  Cat Very Happy

Oh how I miss my cat, the late, great Missy! She's snuggle up close to me and since I usually wake up in the middle of the night, I could reach out to pet her. I miss her so much.

Honored Contributor

I need some kind of white noise, like a fan. We have no air, so in the summer, a high speed fan for sure.

In colder weather, I want the room warm. Need good warm blanket.

I no longer sleep in a bed, as I have positional vertigo, and laying down especially on my side, sends me spinning for hours, and the expected gut cleanse that accompanies it. I sleep in a recliner in a bedroom alone. Husband comes in in the middle of the night from work (2-4 am) and showers in the master bedroom and I got tired of my sleep disturbed, because if I am awakened after 4 hours, I can rarely go back to sleep. And he has bad sleep apnea and won't seek treatment, so the rafters rattle with his snoring and his breathing stopping. I stood it for over 20 years, and gave up trying to sleep in the same area of the house.

Honored Contributor

Normal temperature room. And NOTHING blowing on me. DH has a little fan he likes to blow on himself at night and it cannot in any way be blowing on my face.

And I have to hold my stuffed animal. Without it I can't position my head correctly, sleeping on my side. That's my excuse for still sleeping with one and I'm sticking to it!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I like it cool but not cold.  I am a back sleeper.  My cat loves to jump on top of me so I can pet her and then she ends up lying next to me.  She's a burst of warmth.  However, when it's time for sleep she goes in her bed which is on the floor opposite my bed (side).  She has her own blanket but we call it blankie.  Cat Very Happy

Oh how I miss my cat, the late, great Missy! She's snuggle up close to me and since I usually wake up in the middle of the night, I could reach out to pet her. I miss her so much.

Mine insists on sleeping on the top of my pillow above my head. I can't stop him. Eventually he gets himself up there somehow during the night. A soft warm fuzzy cozy cat purring on my head as I fall asleep or read is the finest luxury in the whole world to me. It's not something that can be bought.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

With my eyes closed😴
Esteemed Contributor

well first of all can't stand nightgowns or pjs always end up twisted around my legs or waist as I turn a lot during the night soooooo yes I do sometimes worry about burglars during the night and will I find my robe at the end of the bed quickly.   it's just so comfortable being under our cozy flannel sheets we keep on all year round.  AC on in summer ,  heat on low in winter ,  love a cool room , no light, or noise of any kind.  We don't have close neighbor's so it is dead quiet !   I'm a light sleeper DH could sleep through a bomb 😂  I can only sleep on my stomach ,  after a surgery I had to sleep on my back and it was torture , hate it !!!   Never was a side sleeper either .  

Valued Contributor

I sleep on my back, never on my stomach. The room must be comfortable, not too hot or cold. I wear either long or short light weight nightgowns, never pajamas. I MUST have a night light on. I’m afraid of pitch black darkness. Big baby 🍼😨😩😳
Respected Contributor

My husband and I tried to sleep together when we got married but it was a struggle.  I needed my sleep to function at work.  He snores, hates any cover, and has a leg that jerks every 20 seconds and now has a cpap machine and is up going to bathroom every couple of hours.  I am restless and twist and turn all night with aches and pains.  Obviously we could not sleep in the same room.  Neither of us would sleep a wink.   I like the room cool enough so I can use cover and watch TV in my room to fall asleep or read.  I bought a body pillow recently and at first thought it was useless but now I could not live without it.  I use it  different ways depending on what hurts.  I just cannot imagine another person in my bed when I am trying to sleep.