Honored Contributor

Re: How do you like to sleep?

Cool room, cover from knees down, 2 pillows and a bunch of little pillows to tuck here and there, and there is a little light from electronics that never sleep.  If I get too cool maybe the sheet to cover me. 

I have never slept well, and it isn't unusual for me to get up in the night for a little while.  Six hours is ok, seven is great, and 8 is unusual.

There's too much to do and think about to sleep!  Total waste of time to me. 

Honored Contributor

Definitely cool room, with my cover sheet ready in case I get a little too cool.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SharkE

Thanks… No medical issues per doc!
Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo 

Thanks ... no medical issues per doc.  

Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

In the nude.           JUST  KIDDING,.......😴💤

Really? I have fibro, and the less pressure on any part of me when I'm attempting to sleep, the better. 

When there were children in our house I slept in oversized woven cotton nightgowns, but as my pain levels increased I realized that even light, smooth cotton was a layer I could do better without than with.

@SloopJohnB wrote:

Honored Contributor

I might be a bit odd.  I like a cool room but I like to be toasty warm under my blankets.  Hubby and I work it out.  I bundle up in 2 blankets on my side, he sleeps under just the one.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KBEANS wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

😉  Was gonna write the same thing. @SloopJohnB 
I've always worried, "What if there's a fire?" I can never get to sleep thinking about that so I always throw on a nightie. 😂 

I keep the tv on until I'm at the brink of delirium, and then I shut it and turn facing the wall and it's over!

@KBEANS   Lol.  Yes, I always worry about a fire or a burglar.  👩‍🚒😈

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I like my bedroom dark and cool like a cave; no ticking clock, or glowing LED from a clock/radio, total darkness.   Ceiling fan on low in the fall and winter, high in spring and summer.

Our mattress is firm; we use only one pillow each, and use the same cover year round; top sheet, cotton quilt, and a blanket for my husband with poor circulation.   I sleep with the sheet and quilt covering my waist to my feet only.   

Our thermostat sits on 72 year round.   

@RedTop I am with you on the ticking clock thing - that would drive me crazy and I would lie awake listening to my life slip by.  I agree on the LED clocks too.  In hotel rooms I always have to cover them with the TV remote or flip them upside down, as that light bothers me - and it is always right in your face!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I'm a side sleeper, and I like a cool room. 

My Dad could also sleep only on his sides.   Not sure I could sleep flat on my back if my life depended on it!  

Respected Contributor

Cold room, pitch dark (tough when moon is bright)   cotton blanket, sheet, another warm fleecey blankie,  cotton quilt or down quilt.  No clocks ticking or digital.  put 2nd pillow over head if trouble getting back to sleep after 4am potty run.