Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you feel about this class action lawsuit?

AH HECK.  sometimes I have soooo much fun engaging them.  I tell them all kinds of stories as in 1.  I am the dog walker  2.  I don't have a phone, how did you contact me.  3.  I am with a special fraud unit of my local police...  Of course usually I never answer the phone but if I have a sense of adventure  I just let them go in circles.  My record is half and hour.  

I never say YES and I never admit to who I am.  If they use my name.  I say "who wants to know."  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

They are using the Do Not Call list to get active numbers to call. They know it's not legal, but then many of the things they call about aren't either.

Honored Contributor

@shopperqvcwrote:

They are using the Do Not Call list to get active numbers to call. They know it's not legal, but then many of the things they call about aren't either.

maybe,

but IMO it's just a computer dialing numbers in a sequence,  123-345-4567 123-345-4568  and on and on

till it gets a hit 

Valued Contributor

@jackthebear Yes, some calls are just a computer dialing all numbers until they get a hit. But, Rachel from Card Services, and other scammers use the DNC listing. They aren't going to waste their time and money dialing unknown numbers. Same with the phoney IRS calls. They know the name of the household they are calling. They sometimes ask for the phone number owner by name.

Honored Contributor

I'm at the point where if my land line rings - I'll just look at caller ID and not answer if I don't recognize the caller/number.  They never leave a voice mail..

Same with my cell phone.  Ringer is turned off.  Friends know to call land line or text me.  I don't get many unwanted calls on cell  -  maybe one or two a week ... again no voice mail left.

Both land line and cell are on DNC ... but apparently is just another useless government program that sounds good on paper, but doesn't work in real life.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Drythewrote:

@riley1wrote:

@wvumountiefan - I get anywhere from 5-10 calls a day on my cell phone. I don't answer any of them. They are from my area code and 3 digit exchange.

I sent an email to the FCC, listing all the calls along with a scathing review of the DNC registry and what a joke they are.

For a period of time, calls seemed to stop. I sent another note to the DNC agency and told them I would again contact the FCC and once again the calls subsided.

They are just starting up again. So annoying! If the DNC is a government agency, why are they not doing the job they were set up to handle? I'm sure the people working for this agency is getting paid for doing nothing.

Hey, @riley1,

I feel most gov agencies are in the same situation.  Hope I don’t get bleeped.

@Drythe@riley1, I would not put the blame on government workers. Hope I don't get bleeped. :-)

@suzyQ3

Respectfully, I don’t think I did.  That was not my intention.  :- )

I hope I was not misunderstood. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@bonnieluwrote:

AH HECK.  sometimes I have soooo much fun engaging them.  I tell them all kinds of stories as in 1.  I am the dog walker  2.  I don't have a phone, how did you contact me.  3.  I am with a special fraud unit of my local police...  Of course usually I never answer the phone but if I have a sense of adventure  I just let them go in circles.  My record is half and hour.  

I never say YES and I never admit to who I am.  If they use my name.  I say "who wants to know."   

@bonnielu, You are so much fun!!!!Would love to be a fly on your wall when you do that to them! I got the best laugh, thank you! I love fun & adventurous people, you're one of them!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

DNC is government based and run, need I say more?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Good Monday All! My husband ('old fart', lol) picks up the phone as I'm telling him not too, then he continues to say "Hello" over again repeatedly until I go over take ph from him & slam it down on them! We have caller I.D., caller block all that stuff, but they manage to get through to us. I get angrier at husband b/c I tell him ALL the time, do not answer, yet he does!  Yes, sue the heck out of them, sorry I got off topic. Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

@Drythewrote:

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Drythewrote:

@riley1wrote:

@wvumountiefan - I get anywhere from 5-10 calls a day on my cell phone. I don't answer any of them. They are from my area code and 3 digit exchange.

I sent an email to the FCC, listing all the calls along with a scathing review of the DNC registry and what a joke they are.

For a period of time, calls seemed to stop. I sent another note to the DNC agency and told them I would again contact the FCC and once again the calls subsided.

They are just starting up again. So annoying! If the DNC is a government agency, why are they not doing the job they were set up to handle? I'm sure the people working for this agency is getting paid for doing nothing.

Hey, @riley1,

I feel most gov agencies are in the same situation.  Hope I don’t get bleeped.

@Drythe@riley1, I would not put the blame on government workers. Hope I don't get bleeped. :-)

@suzyQ3

Respectfully, I don’t think I did.  That was not my intention.  :- )

I hope I was not misunderstood. 

@Drythe, LOVE your Roger Caras quote, I feel the same as he, I'm sure you do too! Cat Happy L <3