Respected Contributor

Re: How do you feel about leaf blowers?

@libbyannE wrote:

Leaf blowers are useless because they just blow the stuff around. What good is that? Rake and bag it, pick it up with the mower, or hire someone to do it. 

I guess you've never used one..... The guy you hire will bring his in to do your job.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Leaf blowers are useless because they just blow the stuff around. What good is that? Rake and bag it, pick it up with the mower, or hire someone to do it. 

In my neighborhood everyone does hire a lawn company. They use leaf blowers. Our leaves are blown in our woods in the back yard. Neighbor across the street lives in a different town and lawn company blows them towards the street where the town picks them up.

Smallest yards here are half an acre and very woodsy, so lots of leaves and leaf blowers are blowing all the time in the fall.

Our home is in dense woods. What good is it to just blow the leaves around!? Much of our wooded hillside is wild native timber, so we leave it alone, but our city does not pick up leaves at the street, so we rake and bag leaves from the front yard or we hire it done.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

In my neighborhood everyone does hire a lawn company. They use leaf blowers. Our leaves are blown in our woods in the back yard. Neighbor across the street lives in a different town and lawn company blows them towards the street where the town picks them up.

Smallest yards here are half an acre and very woodsy, so lots of leaves and leaf blowers are blowing all the time in the fall.

Our home is in dense woods. What good is it to just blow the leaves around!? Much of our wooded hillside is wild native timber, so we leave it alone, but our city does not pick up leaves at the street, so we rake and bag leaves from the front yard or we hire it done.

They get blown back in the woods where they stay. We have a lawn front and back. If it's covered with 6 inches of leaves it will die.

And like someone else posted, all our leaf companies use blowers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A leaf blower has been a Godsend for us this year because of our new puppy, Willoughby.  He is a leaf eater!!!  We purchased a battery operated blower and keep it by the door for constant cleaning of our deck .  Get the picture???

20161014_125246.jpeg

@pupwhipped

@katie ann

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Oh, my what a love bug. Give him a huge hug from me!

Trusted Contributor

We had a neighbor who, as soon as leaves started falling, would run his leaf blower for hours every day. It would run out of gas and he would refuel and go for a couple more hours. This was every day until no more leaves were left to fall. It was beyond annoying! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I guess you've never used one..... The guy you hire will bring his in to do your job.

And he may take the muffler off to increase the output, or the "muffler" may not work, or he may have a big honking blower because he works for a living, doesn't make squat, has no benefits and wants to get the job done asap.  

Esteemed Contributor

I only notice it when sick in bed during the day. Then you realize it is an all day occurrence.

They are used here all year for blowing grass off sidewalks and streets after edging.

Esteemed Contributor

@software, thanks for the info. In have one but it's not powerful enough.  That helps,  I will keep my eyes open.  LM

Honored Contributor

While the electric ones are noisy, still they beat the gas powered ones!

Your house looks like a treehouse.

Pretty furbaby but he does look like a stinker!

@tends2dogs wrote:

A leaf blower has been a Godsend for us this year because of our new puppy, Willoughby.  He is a leaf eater!!!  We purchased a battery operated blower and keep it by the door for constant cleaning of our deck .  Get the picture???

20161014_125246.jpeg

@pupwhipped

@KATIE ANN