Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel about leaf blowers?

I bought one just to blow off the pine needles certain times of the year when they fall heavy and coat the driveway..... as for leaves, I have to rake them up. blowing them about really does not help much.  I find I rarely use it, but, when I do I am glad I have one.

Respected Contributor

As long as I'm indoors while someone is blowing, it doesn't bother me.

Honored Contributor

You must live in my neighborhood next to me!  

We have one that is out there the moment he sees one fall and every day after for 2-3 hours a day until there are no more.

Respected Contributor

Two huge oak trees, two huge sugar maples and river birches.  We are a two lawnmower, two rake, two leaf blower family.  Our trees haven't turned yet but when they do, they keep us busy right up to Thanksgiving.  Leaf blowers are a requirement around here.

Honored Contributor

Death by leaf blower...lol    The maintence crew here uses them, actually they just left.  This is a very rural setting, it's like we're in the heart of a forest.  So, they need leaf blowers to keep the lawns, paths, walkways clear.  My only issue with them is the noise because I work from home but that is just a minor inconvenience.  I doubt that there are any health hazards.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Death by leaf blower...lol    The maintence crew here uses them, actually they just left.  This is a very rural setting, it's like we're in the heart of a forest.  So, they need leaf blowers to keep the lawns, paths, walkways clear.  My only issue with them is the noise because I work from home but that is just a minor inconvenience.  I doubt that there are any health hazards.

Well, not when you're sitting inside.

Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

The lawn services use their leaf blowers here all day, every day.

They work great but need to be made more quiet, very annoying constant sound.

Honored Contributor

I have no opinion, I don't care either way. Just don't use it at 6 am and I'm good. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

We have one with the bag attached.  However, a few years ago we had to cut down both of our trees so we no longer have to rake anything.

My DH does use the blower to get the grass off our driveway and sidewalks after he mows and it's also excellant for drying the motorcycle after he washes it.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The leaves are falling once again and the leaf blowers are out in full force. I don't like them for many reasons. The dust they create is dangerous to our health! The blowers stir up things like bird and rodent droppings, mold, bacteria...and other gross things like pesticides and herbicidesSmiley Tongue. The noise is another thing!

I don't go outside if any of my neighbors are using their blowers. Wish these leaf blowers become banned one day.

Oh my! Leaf blowers are the best invention since sliced bread! Thumbs up!!

"Pure Michigan"