Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel about buying uses clothes.

I don't have a problem walking into a consignment shop and buying used clothing, as I am making a choice to do so. I absolutely do not want to purchase used clothing from QVC or any other place I order from. Those used items need to be boxed up and sent elsewhere for resale, as in the Half-Enuff store locally that is full of QVC merchandise.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/8/2015 RedTop said:

I don't have a problem walking into a consignment shop and buying used clothing, as I am making a choice to do so. I absolutely do not want to purchase used clothing from QVC or any other place I order from. Those used items need to be boxed up and sent elsewhere for resale, as in the Half-Enuff store locally that is full of QVC merchandise.

My feelings and thoughts exactly.

This did happen to me once, when I received a blouse with make-up on the collar and a perfume scent. Contacted CS and they promptly shipped out a replacement in exchange for the returned blouse.

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Kachina624 said: I've literally bought hundreds of clothing items over the years from QVC, and I've never received anything that appeared to have been worn. No wrinkles, Kleenex in the pocket or funky smells ever. If it happens, it must be very rare.

It's never happened to me either though I've read several claims of it happening to others. Like I said, we never know if someone wore something maybe once and then sent it back. Now if it's in bad condition or there is another obvious problem with it then that's a different story. I'd send it back right away. But when you order anything how do you know it's not a return unless there is obviously something wrong with it?

Last year during the holiday season I ordered some cosmetics online and they were used. They weren't from QVC. I was disgusted and I ordered from a very nice department store. They were sent back asap and I got a complete refund.

Occasional Contributor

I am not opposed to buying clothes from a thrift shop or the Salvation Army, I have done so in the past but what I meant is paying for a new item and sometimes getting a used one, I do not think I would purchase something from a store even on sale if (to quote my Mother, it's looks like it has been through the mill).

Trusted Contributor

The same way I feel when I buy clothing that may have been returned to brick and mortar stores! Virtually any reputable store allows returns, and there are always people who try on or even wear items and then return them. If the returned items are damaged or look worn, they should be marked "as is" and the price reduced accordingly. Otherwise, they're put back on the rack and sold as new. No difference here.

Respected Contributor

I don't buy used clothes, I don't accept used clothes, I would never wear anything that was used. I love shopping with QVC because everything I buy comes packaged and in pristine condition. It's never been on anyone else's body, it's never sat on a dressing room for for 3 hours. I've been shopping with QVC and HSN for almost 30 years and I've never received a returned item or a used item. However, I don't buy "as is" items. Of course, I know that department stores put returns back on the rack and as my mom used to say "100 butts have been in those pants". When I shop department stores, I don't buy or try on anything that looks like it's been around the block and back. I can say that should the day ever come that I received something from QVC that is an obvious return, it will go right BACK to them with a scathing letter and that will probably be my last clothing purchase.