Respected Contributor

I would like to use that feature but I have NO idea how to do one or reply to one if I ever get one. I tried HELP and SEARCH with no luck. I really am not getting along with this new stuff here but there are some folks that I will miss if I lose touch.

Respected Contributor

Re: How do notifications work?

@cody2 wrote:

I would like to use that feature but I have NO idea how to do one or reply to one if I ever get one. I tried HELP and SEARCH with no luck. I really am not getting along with this new stuff here but there are some folks that I will miss if I lose touch.

I haven't figured that one out yet either cody..............I have notifications but I don't know what to do with them once I have them.............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

Whichever one of us finds out first? Wins, lol. Waaaaay too much work for me. No fun. "Sigh"

Respected Contributor

I don't know that you're supposed to reply to notifications. I've had a couple telling me someone had hearted a post of mine. I read the notices but that was it.

Respected Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

I don't know that you're supposed to reply to notifications. I've had a couple telling me someone had hearted a post of mine. I read the notices but that was it.

same here...........so for those of you that left me hearts.........well.........I heart you too LOL...........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

Hi, @cody2!  Nice to see you!

We get notifications when someone clicks on the heart on one of our posts.  (We're supposed to get one when the "@" is used before our name, so we know someone mentioned us, but that's not working yet.)

We usually see a pop-up on the screen when one of those 2 things happens, and also the number before the red "Notifications" (see upper right corner of screen, to the right of your username) will increment.

Click on the word "Notifications" and you'll see them listed.  Then, you can click on each one and go directly to the thread/post that was marked.

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Thanks doo. So I am getting that it is not a way to communicate directly as in saying thanks. So to the hearts I received...right back attcha. Thank you. I also can't do emoties so just make believe that I am giving you hugs. Smiley Happy Cuz I am.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll add that I believe the thinking behind them is much like the "likes" or highlighted mentions on Facebook, for those who are familiar with those.

With Facebook, you get a "like" or your name is mentioned and you'll see a notification and you'll receive an email if you have those set up.  You click on the notification or the email message and you can go directly to the discussion to see what's up and join/re-join in if you want.

Here, you get a "heart" or your name is entered with the "@" sign (when it starts functioning) and you'll see the notifications...  click on them, and join/re-join the discussion if you want.

Clear as mud!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

Thanks doo. So I am getting that it is not a way to communicate directly as in saying thanks. So to the hearts I received...right back attcha. Thank you. I also can't do emoties so just make believe that I am giving you hugs. Smiley Happy Cuz I am.

Well, actually you can use them to go to the threads and add your thanks if you want.  That's probably why they're "clickable."

Thanks for the hugs...  right back atcha!Heart

Valued Contributor

Does anyone know how to turn them off? I have no interest in knowing if anyone "hearts" me or replies to one of my posts. If someone replies, I'm probably going to know because I check back in and if someone likes something, they can reply to me. I don't want to know and I dont' want to have to clear them away.