Esteemed Contributor

How do feel about pets being part of a wedding ?

I've seen King Charles spaniels who sat near the front pew and were part of the wedding pictures.

Valued Contributor

Re: How do feel about pets being part of a wedding ?

i love it. my best friend had her dog as the ring bearer at her wedding. it was so sweet. she wanted her cat to be the flower carrier but the cat said no.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor

Super Contributor

As long as the pets aren't reptiles I don't see anything wrong with it

Super Contributor

On 6/3/2014 evelomaddict said:

i love it. my best friend had her dog as the ring bearer at her wedding. it was so sweet. she wanted her cat to be the flower carrier but the cat said no.

lol

Respected Contributor

Outdoors or at a private home, it's the couple's choice. In a church, unless it's a service animal I do not think it is appropriate.

Respected Contributor

I see nothing wrong with it. Much better than dragging your baby down the aisle on your white wedding dress.
Respected Contributor

I see no problem with it as long as they are well behaved. We consider our dogs part of our family. Sounds like a cute idea to me. When we were married we didn't have any dogs, but since then we have had about six. Some passed and some are still with us.

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 evelomaddict said:

Sounds like my cats. They preferred to be the center of attention!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I could see for an outdoor or very casual wedding, but not for a more formal indoor wedding. I guess people can do whatever they want for their own weddings though. I just wouldn't do it.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu