Super Contributor

Re: How do feel about pets being part of a wedding ?

On 6/3/2014 Preds said:

lol!

Super Contributor

So who can lay claim to that very good looking couple with the two adorable dogs? It's a great picture. Preds, are you related to them?

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago my GYN who was the best, had her dog walk down the aisle with her when she got married for the second time. Not my style but she was her own person and it worked for her.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I guess so long as the pets don't have to...*ahem*...relieve themselves while the wedding is going on. {#emotions_dlg.lol} And as long they're not noisy and won't get lost while everyone is dancing, talking and eating.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Overall, I think some people go way off the deep end over a wedding. I simply don't see the point. I suppose it doesn't hurt anything to include a pet at a wedding, but again, it just seems so pointless, attention-seeking and contrived. I love pets and while I have no intention of staging a wedding, were one in my future, I'd not subject pets to it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Respected Contributor

As long as the animals are cared for and not subjected to drunk baffoons I have no problem with it.

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 Issiestorm said:

So who can lay claim to that very good looking couple with the two adorable dogs? It's a great picture. Preds, are you related to them?

They are a lovely couple, but no kin. I found them on the internet when I was looking for wedding animal pics.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with a canine/feline/equine family member being part of a wedding. Now some weddings I've been in? I would have preferred they had one of the above as opposed to what/who/it they chose.

Each person can and should be able to choose their own type of wedding and for people like me? Really don't care what anyone other than close to me think about how we decide to do what/when and with whom.

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I think making pet the groom is taking it a little too far. JMO

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.