Honored Contributor

Re: How do I wrap a mattress in plastic for the dump?

Stand it up on the side or end and start wrapping with plastic kitchen wrap. That's what a lot of manufacturers and grocery stores do with pallets of products.

Esteemed Contributor

Is there a mattress store near you? Maybe they would give you one they have taken off a display mattress. Wouldn't hurt to call. Sorry about your loss. ❤️

Respected Contributor

We got the plastic mattress covers for our mattresses  and box springs when we moved. Easy to use if you have one other person to help. And they are pretty inexpensive.  I imagine much easier than trying to wrap a mattress in Saran Wrap. 

Honored Contributor

Odd?  They actually want it wrapped in plastic?  I thought we are trying to eliminate plastic in our dumps?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

A cheap clear plastic drop cloth that you can buy in the paint department of any box store will do.  Simply wrap and use some painters tape to close the ends.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

A cheap clear plastic drop cloth that you can buy in the paint department of any box store will do.  Simply wrap and use some painters tape to close the ends.  

@ciao_bella That's what I used when I got rid of  some mattresses. 

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Odd?  They actually want it wrapped in plastic?  I thought we are trying to eliminate plastic in our dumps?

@Imaoldhippie 

I hear ya about the plastic in land fills but people (delivery drivers/trash men) don’t want to touch a mattress that someone has slept on for years & years.

I am not talking about the OP of course but there are some of these old mattresses that are way less than sanitary.

Then there is the issue of bed bugs.