Respected Contributor

Re: How do I clean my Bose CD player that is skipping?

Same thing happened to ours just after warranty. Also thought the product was overrated. No more Bose for us.

Honored Contributor

huge bose fan and have five currently. have not had this problem, even with the oldest ones. i have not even done any "cleaning."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

huge bose fan and have five currently. have not had this problem, even with the oldest ones. i have not even done any "cleaning."

@sunshine45 @Ours is at least fifteen years old and this is the first time we have ever had a problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

Our Bose was 19 years old in December and we just had the same problem.  Otherwise, it was the best investment that we ever made.

Glenda

@twinny70  So how did you solve the problem?

@Mindy D  Maybe you should have asked in the Electronics forum?

@Pearlee wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

Our Bose was 19 years old in December and we just had the same problem.  Otherwise, it was the best investment that we ever made.

Glenda

@twinny70  So how did you solve the problem?

@Mindy D  Maybe you should have asked in the Electronics forum?

Esteemed Contributor

Pearley,  we didn't solve the problem.  We just don't use the CD player anymore.  We never  used it that much anyway.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D ....My Bose is the same age as yours and started skipping as well. I ordered a Maxell CD-340 Lens Cleaner from Amazon. I had to play it a few times, but it solved the problem. Good luck!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

The remote for our Bose broke.

I never understood what all the hype was about for the Bose CD players that we fell for.  Our cheap little blue tooth unit sounds way better.