Honored Contributor

How did you wear your hair in high school? what year did you graduate?

[ Edited ]

I graduated in 1966 and all through HS my hair was shoulder length and I wore it in either a pageboy or a flip. Just depended on my mood when I set it at night if I put in the bottom row of curlers to flip up or go under.

In nursing school I let it grow long and my Mom cut it like Cher's - bangs and coming to a point in the back. 

It has now been short ever since chemo in 1983. 

Honored Contributor

Re: How did you wear your hair in high school? what year did you graduate?

In a 'shag' cut.  Easy to care for and stylish (in the 70's).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Mom had curly hair and wore it in a shag in the 70's - it was so cute on her. All she had to do was wet it and comb it  into place- let it air dry. It always looked nice. It was surely a relief after all those years sleeping on curlers.

Honored Contributor

I graduated in 1973. 

I wore my hair long, below my shoulders by about 4-5 inches, and parted in the middle, no bangs. My hair was, and still is, very thick and had some natural wave to it. I usually wore it just straight but sometimes pulled it back into a low ponytail.  If I tried hot rollers, it wouldn't hold the curl. 

If it was humid out, my hair would pouf out and look like Janis Joplin's hair, LOL. Not my best look. 

For years and years now, I've worn it "Jamie Lee Curtis" short. I'd love to grow it longer, but it just doesn't look good. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

I graduated in 1976.  I remember 3 hair styles. I had "the wedge" like Dorothy Hamill, than I had the "shag" and finally in senior year I wore my hair like Farrah Fawcett. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Respected Contributor

@151949  I'm right there with you.  I also graduated in 1966 (had my 50th reunion last year).  I still remember sleeping on those awful rollers with the brushes or the plastic spikes on them.  OMG, even though I never had kids, I sure was ready for childbirth after that!

Big hair was popular until my junior or senior year when the Beatles look with the long straight hair and bangs became popular.  Coming from a midwestern small town, we were a little behind the times.  I always wore my hair shoulder length and curled in a flip......not an easy task when it's naturally poker straight.  Short hair was popular too.  I tried that once and it looked awful on me.......couldn't wait to grow it out.  I still wear it long and straight today!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was long and blonde.  I parted it in one side and put the right side behind my ear. 1970.

Respected Contributor

Long and straight, parted in the middle, sometimes parted on the side. Sometimes with a headband across my forehead and around the head. I was a teenager starting in 1971. My hair is naturally straight so I was automatically in style. I got it cut into a Pixie style later when I was in high school. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Long, all one length, naturally straight

For special occasions, I set it on orange juice cans.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A short page just like everyone else.  Funny, if you look at the senior pictures everyone looks alike.  Not just because they had the girls wear pearls and a plain sweater, but our hair and makeup all looked similar.

I forgot to add I graduated in 65.  I was supposed to graduate in 66 but I skipped my Junior year of high school.