Highlighted
Honored Contributor

How did you spend your CHRISTMAS??

Unfortunately for me, I was sick in bed.  Saturday I drove over to Immediate Care and ended up with an antibiotic and Nubulizer treatments.  However, it did snow on Christmas Eve and made everything worth while.  It was beautiful but now it is extremely cold (10 degrees).  This is a Chicagoland report.  I hope you all had a nice Christmas.  Share your events.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How did you spend your CHRISTMAS??

Watched a few of my favorite movies:  Michael, Phenomenon, The Jane Austin Book Club, and just finished watching Shampoo.  Next up:  My Best Friend's Wedding.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Unfortunately for me, I was sick in bed.  Saturday I drove over to Immediate Care and ended up with an antibiotic and Nubulizer treatments.  However, it did snow on Christmas Eve and made everything worth while.  It was beautiful but now it is extremely cold (10 degrees).  This is a Chicagoland report.  I hope you all had a nice Christmas.  Share your events.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

Sorry you are sick, there is a Type B respiratory flu going around, which I had. My hospital gave me a nebulizer to have at home.  You can buy one on Amazon if it would help.

We are just about to have dessert, the day was wonderful.

Hope you feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7  Thank you.  I have the Nebullizer at home and I have been doing the treatments all day on and off.  I still enjoy the company of my cat.  She is comforting.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Get well.  We went out visiting today, then came home and had a simple dinner.  It was nice, but glad it's over.  Had 3 inches of snow this morning, so we had a picturesque ride.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1- sorry you ended up sick for Christmas.  Something is definitely going around.  Our immediate family gathering was a week ago so DH and I had it easy this weekend.  We were supposed to go to a niece's house but it ended up being postponed until next weekend because there's some kind of viral flu going through her family.  It hits hard and wipes the person out for several days.  So, with everything on hold, DH and I stayed home, had a fire in the fireplace, watched Hallmark movies and snacked rather than having a big meal. 

Regular Contributor

I went to see my Mother in the nursing home.  She wasn’t very responsive today, but I had brought a Bluetooth speaker and had tunes so we started out with Jim Nabors Christmas, then we went through the Gaithers Christmas, and followed up with some Loretta Lynn Christmas.  Then I threw in A Christmas Song by Jethro Tull and followed it up with John Lennon’ (War is Over) Merry Christmas.  I just kind of held her hand and rubbed her and sort of sang along to her.

I can only describe it as bittersweet, because I imagine it will have been our last Christmas together.

And then I cried all the way home.  I love you Momma.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Noel7  Thank you.  I have the Nebullizer at home and I have been doing the treatments all day on and off.  I still enjoy the company of my cat.  She is comforting.

Oh, good @Katcat1. I feel so relieved to have one at home.  We have two cats but they don’t seem to bother me.

Respected Contributor

For the first time in 25 years DH and I stayed home for Christmas rather than going to his brother's for the big family gathering.  Earlier this month I came down with acute bronchitis and DH got a respiratory virus.  We're both still coughing.  We didn't want to chance being exposed to anything else and getting ill again.

While we missed getting together with family, it was quiet and calming.  We had a nice dinner and just lounged around listening to holiday music and watched football.

@Katcat1  I am sorry you are sick.  Rest as much as you can.

@Wheatchick1  My heart is with you.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry you’re sick, @Katcat1 ;-(

Xmas Eve day, last minute trip to the grocery store & drugstore. Visiting with friends. Getting more firewood just in time for company.  Then close family gift-opening frenzy at our house with spaghetti & garlic bread. Today, nice long lazy cozy day. Visitors came over. Delicious dinner which was a repeat of Thanksgiving dinner. Our weather on the CA Central Coast was cloudy and chilly - as close to winter weather as we’ve gotten lately. Think I’ll sleep early tonight and have dessert for breakfast tomorrow.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all