Honored Contributor

Re: How did you meet your spouse/significant other

At work.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

In 1978. I was living in NYC doing an internship. My DH was also living there going to school. I met him at a local watering hole for students one night. I was with my friends, he was with his roommate. Well, his roommate asked me out but we didn't hit it off. The roommate kept saying that i would be a great girlfriend for him. For some reason, he never gave him my number. So DH went back to the place he met me hoping to see me again. He did and asked me out. We had our first date 1/1/79 and were married the following June. I like to think it was meant to be!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We met at church in a high school youth group where we were all friends.

We went our separate ways and literally bumped into each other a few years later at college and started dating.

That led to a long and happy marriage where we took turns finishing our education, bought a house and had a daughter.

Esteemed Contributor

He was the pro-bono attorney assigned to my case when I worked for Greenpeace International and was arrested during a direct action protest!

We were friends for decades before we were finally single at the same time and become a couple.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

When I was a sophomore at Bowling Green State Univ, I went to visit a High School friend at Ohio State Univ., in the fall.  She lived in a co-ed dorm and had a roomful of guys next to her.  One of the guys came from a suburb close to my hometown.  So the following summer, we began to date.  We never dated anyone else after that -- or at least I didn't.  We have been married for 32 years.  He made me laugh, and still does today.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

He was the pro-bono attorney assigned to my case when I worked for Greenpeace International and was arrested during a direct action protest!

We were friends for decades before we were finally single at the same time and become a couple.

@gardensla

I love that story, pretty exciting!   Woman LOL

I've been in a lot of protests but never arrested.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

@gardensla

You gotta love a guy who gets you out of the pokey!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

@gardensla

You gotta love a guy who gets you out of the pokey!

@gardensla

Absolutely, and thanks for your work with Greenpeace Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I just posted my story, but this is the story of one of my cousins and I love it! She is about a decade older than me and we recently reconnected after many years. She dated someone in high school and was considering marriage after graduation but her father did not approve and basically told the guy to back off. So, both of them married other people. She had three children and became a widow at a young age. He had a child and got divorced.About 20 years ago, they met again at a dance party. This wasnt even in the same state where they had lived! Talk about fate! Well, they were married and are just the most adorable couple you could ever meet and they still love to dance!

Valued Contributor

I love hearing bookstore romance Smiley Happy