Honored Contributor

Re: How did you meet your spouse/significant other

Thanks op for such an interesting subject.  I have enjoyed reading each and every one of these.  I started to give hearts but stopped because they were all so interesting.....so, I'll just say......SENDING HEARTS TO EVERYONE  WHO CONTRIBUTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Met first one in college. Stalked him and when I saw him sitting in the library, I plopped myself down next to him and married him the next year. Divorced 10 years later. Met my now husband at work and have been together 35 years.

Honored Contributor

We met in kindergarten and became an item in 6th grade.  Both our mothers made us break up when we went off to college.  We re-kindled our romance the summer after freshman year (much to the dismay of our mothers) 

We will be married 45 years in June.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Thanks op for such an interesting subject.  I have enjoyed reading each and every one of these.  I started to give hearts but stopped because they were all so interesting.....so, I'll just say......SENDING HEARTS TO EVERYONE  WHO CONTRIBUTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

@jubilant, I would love to contribute to the heart fund- hope you don't mind this image....  red diamond says it all!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Simple but true story, I asked mine out & I describe him "as the date that never left".  We maintained, for a few months, a long distance relationship, lived together 8 months and almost 28yrs later here we are...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

My husband and I went to brother-sister same sex Catholic colleges.  We met at a mixer the first week of school.  I thought he was really cute and  flirted with him unmercifully.  It was 1968 and our schools had a computer dance in September.  We were all anxious as well as fearful, when our name was called to meet our date in our dorm lobby.  I was  ecstatic to see my husband was my date.  We dated all 4 years and married after graduation.

Respected Contributor

We worked for the same company but on different floors.  One day, when I was getting my boss' mail, he was sitting in the break room having coffee.  He struck up a conversation, and the rest is history !

Honored Contributor

I was 20 and in college; I loved books and I often visited a particular bookstore near campus to browse the used book section.  I would see this good looking guy and we chatted about sci fi books a couple of times.  It never occurred to me tbat be might be interested in me because he was soooo good looking and I was your average girl next door type.  And then one day, we were both in the store in the late afternoon and he asked if I wanted to go for a slice of pizza with him.  We ate pizzza and we talked and talked and walked and talked and then he walked me to the station to catch my train.  He called me 5 minutes after I got into the house and we had our first real date that weekend.  And neither of us ever looked back....we were a couple.  That was 35 years ago.

Respected Contributor

It was 1973 and I was in the hospital for 6 weeks with Peretinitis. When I got out, the doctor told me I had to take a long rest. It was only April but I went to my mother's apt in Westampton. I was the only person there out of 32 apartments. There was this very cute manager, who watched over me. I stayed about 1 week. At the end of the week, the weather became rainy and dreary.  I had enough. Needless to say, I married that manager, 1 year later. It's been almost 42 years and we're still together. Mind you, it hasn't always been roses but what is!  

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

#1 -- lived in the same co-ed college dorm (married 10 years)

#2 -- through the personal ads in our local weekly newspaper (married almost 20 years and counting!)