Esteemed Contributor

Re: How did you come up with your screen name ?

Totally by accident.  I was in the process of typing different ideas and suddenly Lindsays Grandma came up due to my accidentally hitting a wrong key.  Because I was new at this and didn't quite know how to go about changing anything, I left it even knowing it should be Lindsay's Grandma.   Not  having that apostrophe after the "y" has bothered me since 2007 when I first joined the Boards, but wasn't sure how to correct it. 

I  was leaning toward  "Glam Gran" but since the other one came up I decided it was meant to be and left it.  Is it too late to correct it?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@CoffeeNut......I'm from the ShowMe state.....Missouri.

ShowMe...the very first time I saw a post of yours one thing came to mind, "I'll bet she is from Missouri."

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@LTT1  It is nice when you are familiar with other people in this forum.  So many women are no longer on the board.  We use to have so much fun.  Happy Holidays, loves.

I sure miss some of the posters from way back then, lots  of them left when they made changes on the Boards. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm from Seattle. That's all it's about.  It was RainCityGirl, but when the board completely changed and I tried to sign back in, it kept telling me the name was already taken....yes, by me.....so I had to change to RainyDayGirl instead. Obviously, I did something wrong in the process. I'll bet RainCityGirl is still there with no action in years.

Honored Contributor

Childhood nickname.  I sang constantly from the time I was a was very little.  Sang right up through college with a cover band.  I still sing when the mood strikes me.

Esteemed Contributor

My screen name is my little lhasa apso's name - Kivah. My name is Sandy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

You don't need the apostrophe -- it's obvious!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kivah wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma

You don't need the apostrophe -- it's obvious!!!!

kivah, I often wonder what your screen name means because it is so different, thanks to this thread we are learning something new.  I know my screen name is obvious but I have this habit of liking to be correct...and then there are those on the Boards who like to make it a point to call attention to others mistakes. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@yellowBeetle  The first car my mom bought for just me was a 1967 yellow VW convertible. I loved that cute little car! Great name. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma

I named my previous lhasaTikvah (Hebrew for HOPE - there is a Jewish Temple in Woodland Hills called Kol Tikvah --- and I found out later that the National Anthem in Israel is called Tikvah. 10 yrs ago I got my 2nd lhasa and I named her Kivah (Hebrew meaning "to protect and shelter." She protects me and I shelter her. I'm Jewish and I love these names.