Respected Contributor

How can I see what I just posted?

When I post a reply to a thread and hit "send" the thread goes away and instead showing it posted I have to go back into whatever topic I posted it in and look for it.  How do I see it right away like I used to on the old boards?

Honored Contributor

Re: How can I see what I just posted?

[ Edited ]

Look for the Success message which gives you a link to your post. It always shows up at the top after I post.

Success.JPG

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It must be something in your settings.  I can always see my reply right away.  The whole post doesn't go away when I post a reply.  I would help you with your settings but am not sure what it could be.  Like ChynnaBlue said, I do  have a "Success, click here to go to your post" line, but all I really need to do is scroll down a little bit to see the reply.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Valued Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

When I post a reply to a thread and hit "send" the thread goes away and instead showing it posted I have to go back into whatever topic I posted it in and look for it.  How do I see it right away like I used to on the old boards?

At the top of the [blank] page, you will see [for this thread] . . .

QVC: Forums & Blogs: Forums: Community Chat: How can I see what I just posted?

The title of the thread you are responding to is hyperlinked to your reply.

Click on that and it will take you directly to your reply.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Valued Contributor

I don't see any of that, ChynnaBlue.

I see a blank page with the Forum listings to the side and the header I described in my previous post.

I had to use trial and error to find the post I just made.

I guess it's a case of YMMV, eh?

Honored Contributor

@SuiGeneris wrote:

I see a blank page with the Forum listings to the side and the header I described in my previous post.

What kind of computer are you using? People are reporting compatibility issues with Macs and hardly anything seems to work on mobile devices. You should mention this in the Suggestions forum.

Valued Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@SuiGeneris wrote:

What kind of computer are you using? People are reporting compatibility issues with Macs and hardly anything seems to work on mobile devices. You should mention this in the Suggestions forum.

It's a PC, with a Windows OS.  I use Mozilla Firefox as my internet browser.

It's probably due to my computer's OS, since it, along with my computer, is absolutely ancient.

Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
I see what you see ChynnaBlue. I I click on success message and it takes me to my post. I am on an iPad. Same on Mac. I still cannot incorporate the post I am replying to in my reply though.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Look for the Success message which gives you a link to your post. It always shows up at the top after I post.

Success.JPG

I don't get any of that, either!  In fact, I posted in the Suggestion Box about this very issue several days ago.  No one answered my question, so I figured it was either my end or if it was a glitch, they'd get around to fixing it sometime. 

The first couple of days on the new forum I got exactly what you show here, ChynnaBlue.  Then one afternoon, I posted and got what the others (SuiGeneris and Ladybug724) are complaining about--nothing.  The reply along with the entire thread was gone, just a big blank in the middle of the screen.

The 'Reply' feature does post to the thread, but once you click 'post', you get nothing.  This does not happen if you edit your post, then I get the 'Success' box still.

I'm on a PC using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11.

ETA: The way I've been working around it is to click on the thread title in the "breadcrumbs" and it will then take me to my post.

(i.e.: QVC :Forums & Blogs:Forums:Community Chat: Re: How can I see what I just posted?)

Respected Contributor

I have a pc and Google Chrome, I don't see any of the messages after I post either.  And I wish I could see all of the posts I have posted.  I used to be able to go to the my activity at the  top of the forum page but of course that's gone too.