Esteemed Contributor

Re: How big or small is your 4th of July celebration.

[ Edited ]

@Preds wrote:

@SoX wrote:

There will be just four of us ... my husband is doing the cooking honors as I type this (I'm watching Wimbledon).

Hey SoX ... take care of our Vandy guy.  I want to hear you cheering for him.  LOL  Good player and will be great!

Back on topic ... Me and DH ... chicken and steak kabobs, rain showers, and chill time.  I'm sure we'll hear the Nashville fireworks later.  We had the community ones last night. LOL  Buster won't be happy and we'll miss out on a little sleep.  Oh well, it is what it is and we're proud.

@Preds... Hiya, Preds ... who went to Vanderbilt?  Other than Isner, who lost on 7/3, what other American is still standing?  I'll have to check the stats ...

Honored Contributor

One more 'drop in' barbeque today (Sunday), up two blocks and around the corner.  Sort of a 'post-Fourth' celebration.  Nice to have several friendly neighbors within walking distance.  Actually, I like the 'drop in' arrangement, as I'm not one to sit around in one place for hours and hours.  (lol)  Smiley Very Happy   BTW, I cannot see the smiley faces unless I'm using a large magnifying glass............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Despite less than perfect weather, our celebration went off without a hitch.  The company was wonderful and the food was devoured. Watching children watching fireworks is better than watching the actual fireworks.

Honored Contributor

On Thursday the villiage had a free brass band concert in the town square followed by fireworks. A few friends came over early and we had a picnic then went into town. 

We were planning to go to a friemd's home in our hometown last night for fireworks but DH got a stomach virus and wasn't up to it so we stayed home. We felt bad because DH's buddy is a recent widower and because we couldn't come over he spent the evening alone. 

Honored Contributor

Hi All!

I hope everone's 4th was enjoyable!

We all stayed up way too late, what with the celebration and fireworks!  Slept in a bit today, and now it's time to clean up and relax Smiley Happy

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Ours is HUGE............same every year...........all the kids and grans over for swimming and smoked pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, cold bean salad for lunch..........and a huge crawfish boil, home made ice cream and strawberry shortcake for dinner while watching the illegal fireworks that surround our area at 360 degrees........it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!...........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

Was in the largest parade on the west coast with around 40,000 +/- of people.  Lasted hours and hours.  

After the parade four clubs got together for a wonderful BBQ and drinks around the pool.

Later that evening invited guests to our home for a small dinner and desert with coffee.  Peaceful evening with company.  

After midnight I fell asleep sitting in my relaxing chair.

Busy day but a good day.  It really was a Happy 4th of July.

Contributor

Thanks everyone for responding to this thread. It's interesting to see how others celebrate. We had a great BBQ (14 friends and family) and firework show. It's really my favorite holiday to be with my family. There were a lot of illegal fireworks going off after big fireworks show. I live in central California.