Contributor

How big or small is your 4th of July celebration.

We go to my brothers for a BBQ and watch fireworks from his front yard with family & friends. Feel thankful that we still get together, may not always be that way. I know some people may not have anywhere to go, but I hope you still find a special way to spend your day, and it will pass quickly.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How big or small is your 4th of July celebration.

Just going to have an early dinner BBQ at my SIL and BIL. Maybe 8 or 10 people in all. I'll be home before it's dark enough for very many fireworks. 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

With my sister..........big plans for us.......or me........at the beach now and it is so beautiful and I love love love it.  Food is great and even the water from the faucet at the hotel tastes great to me.  Then to a big city on the 4th for Firewords.  I am so happy me and my sister are getting close. Something I have wanted all my life.  Blessings to all and be safe.

Esteemed Contributor

Hows about "teeny-tiny"  !

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We are having family and some friends; about 20-ish.

Honored Contributor

@Ilovehummingbirds wrote:

With my sister..........big plans for us.......or me........at the beach now and it is so beautiful and I love love love it.  Food is great and even the water from the faucet at the hotel tastes great to me.  Then to a big city on the 4th for Firewords.  I am so happy me and my sister are getting close. Something I have wanted all my life.  Blessings to all and be safe.

It's nice to read such a positive post from you. The beach is a wonderful place to relax. We are blessed to live across the road from the Atlantic.  There's nothing like going to sleep, then waking up to the sound of the surf. 

A sister bond is very special.

Honored Contributor

We're meeting my friend and her husband for lunch at a barbeque restaurant and then coming home and that's it for us.  Can't get much smaller than that.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

When we were young we partied on the 4th, someone was always having a BBQ.  

Then when we had kids we mostly stayed home.  Sometimes people would come here and sometimes not.   We'd spend a couple hundred dollars on fireworks and light them off.  Almost nothing is illegal here.

Now we watch everyone else do it and just stay home and relax.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

We will be spending the 4th on a plane headed overseas.

Honored Contributor

We are staying home and watering the roof---I live in WA state and its been so hot and dry for the last couple months that everything could go up in flames. And we have a shake roof----------the dumb a(s)ses in our neighbor hood shoot off illegal fireworks that make the whole house shudder and evey year, our yard and roof are littered with that debris. I can't tell you how freaked out I am!!!!!