Respected Contributor

Re: How are your bing cherries this year?

i bought 3 bags of cherries last friday on sale for 1.99. they were really goood.

Trusted Contributor

I live in NJ - and it's too early for cherries Smiley Sad

I can't wait until them come in season here!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We bought small red cherries at our local H Mart, which is an upscale Korean Market

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I'm here in Northern California. I bought red cherries from a roadside stand and they are delicious. I just made Julia Child's Cherry Clafouti and it is outstanding, I ate too much of it, guess it was my dinner😯

I bought some California cherries early this week and they must be from your roadside stand as they are fabulous!  Dark, firm, sweet.  

Delicious!!!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Wish I could find a good watermelon. About ready to quit buying the ^^^^ things altogether.   Either to ripe or so green they give you cramps.

I bought a watermelon last weekend to put in a fruit salad and it was meh.

Last year's were awful, too.  I bet I won't be buying any more of them for the rest of the season.

Respected Contributor

Way too early for good Bing cherries around here in No. WI. I saw some in the supermarket for $4.99/pound. They were light red and did not look good.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

I've seen cherries in the store, but haven't bought them yet.  Seems a little early for them.

I did buy a watermelon last week.  It was awful.  I cut it all up and put it in the fridge and wound up throwing it out the next day.  It had absolutely no flavor.  I haven't had a good watermelon in years, it seems.

Honored Contributor

Ours come from California at 3.99 a pound.  Waiting for better quality and a better price.  It seems the Raniers are best when they finally filter up to us, but that's months from now. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is too early but it still didn't stop me from buying a couple of pounds that I saw at Whole Foods. Cherries are my favorite and I ate the whole bag. They are definitely better later in the season and I like the Rainer cherries the best which come out a little later.

I can't wait for the Rainer cherries. Last year I bought a 3 lb bag and my grandson and I ate the whole thing in one sitting. He loves them too. This year we are going for the record and doing the same but with 4 or 5lbs. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

My husband bought some cherries this week and they're very sweet and the usual size - I love them - they taste like candy!