Honored Contributor

Re: How are you acting/ feeling different during this time?

I'm OK but I must be extra careful.  I have something called IGG.  What it means is that I don't have much immunity.

If I get even a cold it takes a long time for me to get better.

Periodically, I have to get 'infusions'.  These infusions take 6 to 8 hours.  It's a little like getting chemo.

It almost always takes me 7 hours.  They take my blood pressure ever 15 minutes and about every hour take my temperature.

What they give me is the immunity taken from 20,000 pts of blood people have donated.  

Its very expensive (as you can imagine) and I've been told that primarily Medicare is one of the few insurances that covers it.

When this virus hit I was way past due getting tested to see if I needed the infusions.  

My Dr that handles this had called me 3 times to get me in there. I'd just been putting it off.

I keep hearing the Red Cross is low on blood so now isn't the time to do it.  However, I've decided if he does call me this time I'll go in and get tested to see if I need an infusion.

The last test said I was a 5 which is right in the middle.  He left it up to me and I decided I didn't want the infusion.  

It knocks me out of commission for at the very least 2 to 3 days.

I have it done at the Drs office so I wouldn't be going into the hospital.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I've never been an early bird but more of a night owl.  3am?  What time do you usually go to bed?

I fins myself trying to go to bed around 11pm but it's usually more like midnight.  I'll wake up at 3am, can' sleep so I read a bit then try to catch a few hours later on.

@haddon9   I eat supper about 4PM...watch some TV...and on My iPad til about 8PM...then usually asleep by 9pm.  My awake hours are busy....walking, cleaning...etc. go to bed early. Up early! 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I've never been an early bird but more of a night owl.  3am?  What time do you usually go to bed?

I fins myself trying to go to bed around 11pm but it's usually more like midnight.  I'll wake up at 3am, can' sleep so I read a bit then try to catch a few hours later on.

@haddon9   I eat supper about 4PM...watch some TV...and on My iPad til about 8PM...then usually asleep by 9pm.  My awake hours are busy....walking, cleaning...etc. go to bed early. Up early! 

@SeaMaiden   Old habit are hard to break...I admire those who can get in a full day by getting up early!

Honored Contributor

I've been sleeping even worse that usual.  Feel very fatigued, so taking more "restorative" naps.  More vigilant about possible cold symptoms!  Am trying to reward myself with positive activities whenever possible.

Valued Contributor

Yesterday I was just not myself.  My town in CT sadly had the first passing of an elderly man in a nearby assisted living. I started off self isolating a few weeks ago with a good spirit, then was staying up late too much (night owl here!)  reading too much& becoming drained. To honor that man&family in my own way, I called all my neighbors just to check in, to  bring some lightness&smiles and let them know I am here for them whatever they need. Pausing again with Gratitude for those out providing services and vital care rebooted me. Today I did Pilates inside, green tea and going to keep at it...

Honored Contributor

I've been antsy, not sleeping well so trying to take naps. I cook, clean, do laundry, check Facebook and these boards, and talk to my sister who is also retired. 

Trusted Contributor

I've been looking at the news too much also, and it depresses me and scares me.  I'm trying to stay positive....some days it works, and some days I feel anxious.  I fall asleep pretty easily, but almost always wake up a few times a night!

It does help to come here and see others feel the same, it's comforting to know we are all in this together and have the same fears and concerns.  And for those of you who don't feel as much anxiety and concern, you are good incentives for me...hope I can get to be more like you with time!   

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@gidgetgh Everyone got laid off at work except a select few so my GM asked me to come back in as one of the few since no one can really cover what I do.  I warned them and good news is it is just a select few of us most of whom are keeping their distance.  I tried. ☹️

What?  You've been suffering from respiratory issues and chest pain ....and you are going in to work?

I'm sure the "select few" will be thrilled to be exposed to whatever you have.  Not good.

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I'm being a bit lazier than normal. Can't go to the gym as it's closed. Husband is working from home and on the phone a lot so I have to be quite. I can walk outside but come April it will start getting to hot to do that. I've been making it a point of cleaning one room a day. 

It feels good to accomplish something doesn't it?

We have decided to self quarantine ourselves and to pass the time, we are doing a whole house spring cleaning job.  Last Saturday we did the entrance way, liv. rm, dining room and kitchen.  I washed everything in the kitchen and China cupboard above the island.  Since we didn't go to church on Sunday, we did our master bedroom.  

We had an eye appointment on Monday, so on Tuesday I did my bathroom.  Yesterday we did our master bedroom.  My DH is tall while I am  short, so he does the high areas and I do the low ones.  Works great.  Today we did my sewing/computer room.

next week we will be doing the finished basement.  

The gym is cancelled for a few weeks, so we are getting our exercise this way.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Severe anxiety to be honest. I'm over 60 health issues, my husband has asthma and was working till today. My husbands plant is closing of 8,107 people who wont be working. My son in laws job closing,(sales management) my daughter off work (school closed) my granddaughter no job (restaurant). and mostly im very upset about all the people who are dying. I have to turn the news off, i cant take anymore. (Everything is now closed here except essentials so my son and his wife both have jobs for now) I worry every day one of us is going to get this virus. Trying to stay in as much as possible. Only go out for food and I will have a Dr appt next week praying they will take precautions while im there! All of our other appts have been cancelled by Drs. I am in PA...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles