Honored Contributor

Re: How are you acting/ feeling different during this time?

I ventured out this morning for the first time in awhile. To replenish the groceries we've used in the last several days. 

Our grocery store was really crowded for 8:45 AM. But I'll tell you. Deli fully stocked. Rotisserie chickens cooked and ready much earlier than usual. Bakery full stocked. There was some meat, instead of an empty meat display. 

Employees and outside vendors everywhere you looked. Really hustling to restock. I made a point of thanking several on my way through and telling them how much I appreciate them being open. 

So, I made it to the frozen vegetable aisle. Three employees restocking. I said something to them and then, a few tears ran down my face. Right there in frozen foods. One of the employees looked over and asked it I was ok. Oh yeah, I said, it's just overwhelming to see how hard everyone here is working to make sure MY family and all the other families have food and supplies. It just makes me emotional."  He said that he too has found all of this very overwhelming. 

I mean, they're there, perhaps risking their own health. To make sure I can buy scallions. I was just very humbled by it. 

So I cried at the grocery store today. A first.

And now I'm home, hopefully for another several days, before I venture out again.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I don't really act or feel any different.  I'm a homebody and would sooner be home than go most places anyway.  I don't need to be out and about always and can amuse myself.  I get up, work out and walk with my dog just like always.  I just follow the advice of the  medical experts and have no need to obsess about it.  No use overthinking things.  It is what it is!  If not retired, I wouldn't have had an issue with going to work daily either.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I'm with you. 

Not eating right, not sleeping at all, running back and forth to work and dealing with the nonsense going on there.  Waiting to see if I have a job in two weeks.  And now a pandemic. 

It's enough to make you jump.  I just told a coworker I should keel over right here in my office and at least make them clean me up. 

@Laura14 - I thought you were quarantining?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I find myself questioning authority figures much more than I have in the past.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I ventured out this morning for the first time in awhile. To replenish the groceries we've used in the last several days. 

Our grocery store was really crowded for 8:45 AM. But I'll tell you. Deli fully stocked. Rotisserie chickens cooked and ready much earlier than usual. Bakery full stocked. There was some meat, instead of an empty meat display. 

Employees and outside vendors everywhere you looked. Really hustling to restock. I made a point of thanking several on my way through and telling them how much I appreciate them being open. 

So, I made it to the frozen vegetable aisle. Three employees restocking. I said something to them and then, a few tears ran down my face. Right there in frozen foods. One of the employees looked over and asked it I was ok. Oh yeah, I said, it's just overwhelming to see how hard everyone here is working to make sure MY family and all the other families have food and supplies. It just makes me emotional."  He said that he too has found all of this very overwhelming. 

I mean, they're there, perhaps risking their own health. To make sure I can buy scallions. I was just very humbled by it. 

And now I'm home, hopefully for another several days, before I venture out again.

Sheez.  I teared up just reading this, @gidgetgh 😢

Honored Contributor

I don't feel any different, the only thing I have done different is purchase a few more groceries in case we MUST stay in.  I still go to work.  

Now if we are forced to not leave the house, I will get buggy,  I like to stay busy.  I realize things are not normal but I am not acting differently nor am I depressed or stressed.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh  beautiful post. Thankyou for sharing❤️

Respected Contributor

I've spent a lot more on food and supplies than I normally would.  Have an order being delivered tonight, and then I should be good for quite awhile.  

I'm not scared of getting sick...I'm healthy, and think I would recover with no problems.  But I worry for those who have issues already and are compromised.  The economy and shortages are scary.  I live alone, and no pets allowed...with no other distractions here, sometimes I think too much!  My sis and her husband told me if everything tanks I can live in their upstairs.....there are two big bedrooms and a bathroom up there.  So....if I lose my 401 at least I have a place to go!

To all who are scared...do try to limit watching news.  Morning and 6 pm are what I'm trying to stick to.  Our parents and grandparents got through tough times, and we will, too.

Just came home from getting my second Shingrix shot....so expect I will feel punky for a few days...,but NOT from flu!

I pray for everyone in the world to come through this ok.  Hang in there, everyone.  🌷

Respected Contributor

I'm having a lot of mixed emotions. Then today they annouced my town has it's first case of the virus.

Honored Contributor

We feel concern but we are not in a panic. 

We haven't gone out and DS and family are hunkered down for now, too.

I miss them terribly.

DH and DS cannot afford to be sick; two high risk categories.

We are just carrying on.  DH naps, I roam around online, do a little of this, do a little of that.  Same as always just not going out.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh