Honored Contributor

Re: How are the lobster tails at Bonefish Grill? Anything else from Bonefish you reccommend?

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

If you go to TripAdvisor and look for the Bonefish Grill in your area, you'll get reviews from people who've actually eaten there, which will be much more helpful then asking about random experiences thru out the country. 

That being said, the last place I'd be getting seafood from were I currently in Florida is a chain restaurant of any kind. I've eaten at the one nearest to me down there, and it was just okay. Average chain restaurant food. 

Eating there and having your meal delivered would be two different experiences.

Food that will be boxed for delivery or take out has to be cooked differently.

Respected Contributor

Re: How are the lobster tails at Bonefish Grill? Anything else from Bonefish you reccommend?

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

If you go to TripAdvisor and look for the Bonefish Grill in your area, you'll get reviews from people who've actually eaten there, which will be much more helpful then asking about random experiences thru out the country. 

That being said, the last place I'd be getting seafood from were I currently in Florida is a chain restaurant of any kind. I've eaten at the one nearest to me down there, and it was just okay. Average chain restaurant food. 

Eating there and having your meal delivered would be two different experiences.

Food that will be boxed for delivery or take out has to be cooked differently.

Certainly. Delivered food is quite frankly, rarely hot or even warm. However; reviews for the specific location, be they from TA or perhaps Yelp would still provide a better idea of overall quality than random comments on a shopping channel message board. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I don't order from any chain restaurant. We prefer to patronize restaurants that are owned and managed by the people responsible for the quality and taste of the food. Support your local small businesses!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

I don't order from any chain restaurant. We prefer to patronize restaurants that are owned and managed by the people responsible for the quality and taste of the food. Support your local small businesses!!!

@reiki604  Yes!!! Support all your local places! They need your help and the food is better. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 @I've already done this, but thank you. I did want opinions from those on the Forum that have tried various dishes. I trust them to tell me if their shrimp was rubbery, their steaks were tough or tasteless, their crab cakes were good,their grilled fish .was delicious, etc. So far, I've had many say the crab cakes are very good so I will be trying them in the future. Same for the Bang Bang Shrimp. I always check TripAdvisor and I've written  many reviews there. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D  Like most chain restaurants, even 'better' ones like Bonefish, the food can be widely uneven. What's good at one might not be at another and while one location might excel all around, another might well be dreadful. I've found my local Bonefish, for example, to be very uneven, visit to visit... Sometimes it's great, other times it's mediocre, at best.  As for the Outback, my local restaurant had become virtually inedible before I stopped eating out last spring... Such a shame, they used to offer a pretty good steak and sides but the last several outings, nothing was very good...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 @I've already done this, but thank you. I did want opinions from those on the Forum that have tried various dishes. I trust them to tell me if their shrimp was rubbery, their steaks were tough or tasteless, their crab cakes were good,their grilled was delicious, etc. So far, I've had many say the crab cakes are very good so I will be trying them in the future. Same for the Bang Bang Shrimp. I always check TripAdvisor and I've written  many reviews there. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 @I've already done this, but thank you. I did want opinions from those on the Forum that have tried various dishes. I trust them to tell me if their shrimp was rubbery, their steaks were tough or tasteless, their crab cakes were good,their grilled was delicious, etc. So far, I've had many say the crab cakes are very good so I will be trying them in the future. Same for the Bang Bang Shrimp. I always check TripAdvisor and I've written  many reviews there. 

Uhhh, yeah. We got that the first time you posted an identical response  2 hours ago, in post #15. Are you having difficulty of some sort this evening?

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I just want to post that I think we all know to try and support local businesses, but not everywhere has a quality place, especially an upscale place, or even a place we enjoy enough to support. Even when it come to pizza, in my area I must have fifteen pizza joints within a 15 minute drive. I don't like any of them. I have to drive a good 45 minutes to find a place I like.

Chain restaurants have their place and serve their purpose. Some are better than others, some have better quality than others. Many chains have closed or are in danger of closing. These chains add to the local economy, employ a local work force, and can provide a balanced meal for those times when you're just sick of your own cooking. And all the chains in my area offer curbside pickup. That's not true of most " mom & pops" in my area.

Respected Contributor

I'd go b to Publix and have them steam a couple of lobsters,grab some lemons, and garlic butter and go home and go to town on them. 

Publix still has this service I hope. 

Think I will look into that soon hmmm