Honored Contributor

How are the bristles on Shark Hand Vacs?

I ordered the TSV today and I'd like to know if you have something similar, did the bristles on the attachments last? 

Honored Contributor

Re: How are the bristles on Shark Hand Vacs?

I don't know about their hand vacs. But the brush attachments and brush rolls on my Shark uprights have lasted for a long time. I've never had to replace them.

Respected Contributor

Re: How are the bristles on Shark Hand Vacs?

Never had a problem with the bristles, but I usually use my vintage Electrolux attachments with an adapter with my Shark vacs.

The best thing about Shark's hand vacs is the powered pet brush, which this doesn't have. It has the port to connect it (the three holes under the attachment fitting), but I don't know whether it would accept a powerhead if you had one.

The handheld units are far less powerful than the big guys. My handheld Rocket, HV290, is 300 watts and 3.4 amps. My AX952 is 1350 watts and 11.3 amps. The Rocket is good for quickie jobs, but I would have returned it if it hadn't had the powered pet brush.

Note that these vacs are not made with adapters to use with cigarette lighter outlets in cars, despite the fact that the cords are only 15' long and they're promoted for car detailing.

Good luck with yours. Pretty colors. Love the Emerald.