Valued Contributor

Re: How about commercials you like?

@stevieb wrote:

Commercials are commercials and while some or less banal, less annoying and more clever than others, I could do without all of them, especially given the frequency with which the TV industry inundates us with them.

I disagree; in fact I think some of the commercial campaigns are much better that the shows they're supporting...

I'll ff just to see the Barklays, and Mr. Mayhem, the little girl patient being visited unexpectedly by a big, fluffy dog; and the Liberty commercials--with the bad actor--are favorites. I watched that string of commercials on You Tube and googled the actor. He's exceedingly handsome, has a great pysiche (sp?), is married and has a little baby girl. Sound like a case of "pretty is as pretty does"--a real mensch. 

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I like the Petsmart one with the man buying a stroller to keep his dog out of the rain.  Meanwhile the song "I'd do anything for you" is playing.  

Also the car one where the man finds the lost dog in the rain and says "I got you buddy." and finds his home.  I guess dogs in the rain is my thing🤗

@MoJoV 

I LOVE that Tuxedo cat sweater that guy in the same commercial is wearing....I have 2 Tuxedo cats! 😺

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I like the Petsmart one with the man buying a stroller to keep his dog out of the rain.  Meanwhile the song "I'd do anything for you" is playing.  

Also the car one where the man finds the lost dog in the rain and says "I got you buddy." and finds his home.  I guess dogs in the rain is my thing🤗

I remember the PetSmart one where he gets the stroller.  I love that one!  Whenever I hear that song begin, I think of that one although they are using the song for other versions.  That one is my fav, though.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

There's another version of that commercial where the guy is dressed in everything "cat"; he's holding a tuxedo cat and asking about the weater, "Is this too much?"

Valued Contributor

Delta Faucet has a current one.  A lady installs a shower faucet while her dog watches.  The dog goes outside and rolls in the mud in order to get under the fantastic shower spray.  "I Love You More Today Than Yesterday" by The Spiral Staircase plays in the background.  One of the rare heartwarming commercials.

Contributor

These Progressive spots about teaching new home owners not to act like parents are very good and will receive awards I'm sure as they are clever and keep viewers engaged and smiling. I recognize all the scenarios from my parents especially in the grocery store and the airport. My kids probably like the one about sofa pillows.

Trusted Contributor

Kayak Deniers

"Do the research, Todd! They're lying to you!"

"Who is " they"? Kayak?"

"Urggrrrrrrr OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!!!"

:storms off:

Honored Contributor

Walter the Cat in the Chevy truck commercials.

Onlooker:  "I'm talking about the cat."

Owner:  "What's so special about him?  He's just a cat."  LOL

Walter The Cat" from Studio Animal Services Steals America'

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Best ever! My alltime favorite Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVfF-Ut9kdY

Valued Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

Best ever! My alltime favorite Smiley Happy