Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Would You Feel About This?

I would frequent their establishment as often as possible!

I am also a fan of restaurants that do not allow children. I've paid good money in great restaurants only to have it ruined by children who aren't taught manners.

Respected Contributor

It's funny and probably meant to be tongue in cheek. I'm sure there will be some out there that will be offended.

Esteemed Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

I used to go to a beach town in Maine for several years and there were a number of restaurants that had signs regarding children.

They ranged from  "We welcome well behaved children"

to "Unsupervised children will be given away to Gypsies"

The message was the same even if the delivery was vastly different.  

As someone who comes from a huge family that has always had a large number of young children among it's number, and also as someone who has had several meals in restaurants spoiled by free-range brats....

I can honestly say I appreciate both sentiments!

@781Florist  same here !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

It's funny and probably meant to be tongue in cheek. I'm sure there will be some out there that will be offended.

I'm sure it's meant that way.  Inevitably, there always seem to be some offended lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love funny signs.  Please don't ever lose your sense of humor.  Besides, my dog is my baby now.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unruly kids in stores: Hubbs said they(his sibs) would have to go to the car and be set straight. I couldn't even go to a car!!!

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Valued Contributor

I've always enjoyed this sign. My friend posted one in the hallway outside her yoga & pilates studio:

Unattended Children Will Be Given Espresso And A Free Kitten Poster Print -  Walmart.com

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

I have a sense of humor but I also respect and love children,especially my own, too much to think a joke tying them to a pole is funny. 

If I had kids with me I would not shop there nor would I go in any business with an attitude about children. Our local museum was that way, did not want kids in the gift shop area looking around. I left and never went back. You dont' want my kids? I don't want you. 

APPLAUSE APPLAUSE @Iwantcoffee .👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

I would frequent their establishment as often as possible!

I am also a fan of restaurants that do not allow children. I've paid good money in great restaurants only to have it ruined by children who aren't taught manners.

Really? When I was in Bloomingdales some women was bathing her dog in the bathroom sink. He had an accident on the carpeting outside in the Women's lingerie department.🥴

I would take kids any day over a barking dog. And yes, Panera had one recently slobbering all over his stroller barking.😬

Sanitary much???

Trusted Contributor

Where is this cafe??? I’d love to take my fur babies and kids!! We love to visit pet friendly vaca spots!

And I really worry about children who’s parents don’t see the humor in it. 😔😔😔