Honored Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Talk On The Phone To Your Adult Daughter? (Or in person?)

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

How Often Do You Talk On The Phone To Your Adult Daughter? (Or in person?)

Does she call you or do you call her?

What makes you feel close to her or not as close as you used to be? (And WHY?)

You go first, @Solar Is My Name. Woman Happy It's nice when people who ask questions give their own answer too. And their reasons for asking. Makes it feel less like an online survey.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

It depends on your relationship and what you are both comfortable with. There are no wrong answers

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

When my mother was alive, a couple of times a month.  We lived less than 50 miles from each other and I would see her a few times a year.  She rarely called me because she "didn't want to bother me."  She did have some hearing problems which she ignored and eventually developed dementia.  May she rest in peace.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @Porcelain @Anonymous032819 @Drythe and everyone! NO, this isn't a survey! I was binge watching the show "The Long Island Medium" and it seemed that every other woman who no longer had their mother or grandmother said something like: "WE TALKED TO EACH OTHER EVERY DAY!"

I love my relatives -- those still here and those who have gone beyond -- but we did not/do not talk or call each other every day. That doesn't/didn't mean that we wouldn't be there for one another anytime the other needs us (or needed us), nor does it/did it mean we don't/didn't enjoy one another's company.

Those still here -- we talk once a week and send memes, things of interest on instagram or pinterest many times a week.

I hope we won't regret not talking more often. Will have to think about that!

Honored Contributor

Adult son calls every day on his way home from work.I usually hear from him once on the weekend too.Love that guy!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have a daughter, but I called my mother weekly when her health was good and my dad was alive. When her health started declining and after my dad died, I called her daily since we lived 400 miles apart. Hubby's sons rarely call him, but text him as needed or to answer a question to him.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a daughter, but I call my mom every day--sometimes two or three times each day.  She lives about 500 miles away, but I feel like I'm still in the loop because we talk to each other every day.  She got a new cell phone last spring that lets her text, so that's been fun developing that form of communication.  Sometimes she'll call and say she saw my text, but she forgot how to text back.  Or she'll text because she couldn't figure out how to answer the phone when I called.  We watch QVC together via phone on Sundays when David's in the Kitchen.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Solar Is My Name, so you were just trying to get some feedback based on a TV show? You were just curious? Maybe next  time you could explain why you're asking or what you're basing your question on. I should have known better than to have responded to you.

Honored Contributor

I have three daughters. Two live close-by and I see or talk to my youngest daily since I help with the grand babies. The middle one I rarely see..she is very much into the social scene so I usually check FB to see her whereabouts and figure she and the grandsons are okay. The oldest daughter lives out of state. She calls me on the weekends and we also text occasionally. I have found texting is the best way to communicate with them since they are so busy. Sometimes I will text them something briefly and they do the same. Faster and less easier than talking.
Esteemed Contributor

I short message back and forth with ny adult son and adult daughter daily. Talk on the phone? Not as much anymore. But yes we talk on the phone too, just more messaging with modern technology. (and I prefer talking on the phone! lol).I also message with my grankids at times (and they are 21,19 and 15) The 19 yr old messages me the most though. Its fine, I know that they are busy with work, frriends, school yada yada! Anyway we are all really close. No family issues or anything. (thankfully!)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles