Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Talk On The Phone To Your Adult Daughter? (Or in person?)

Never.  We don't talk.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with another responder that said there aren't any right or wrong answers, it just depends on the relationship. 

My Mom and I talk on the phone 2 or 3 times a week. I also see her around 2-3 times per week. I'm fortunate to live close by and am able to see both my parents frequently.

My adult daughter and I talk every day.  

My Mom and I take turns calling; I probably call her more than the other way around. We are somewhat close, but weren't always. Our relationship has improved with age. 

My daughter calls me every day when she's leaving work, and then on the weekends either one of us will call the other. We are super close, and always have been.

*edited because I forgot the other questions

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

I actually speak with my son more than my daughter but I text with both several times a week.  Both of them live in the city which is about an hour away from us.  I plan on having a mother/daughter lunch with DD on Friday even though she with her boyfriend will be coming for a few days over Christmas.....son will be here too!

I can't imagine speaking on the phone EVERYDAY to anyone...what is there to say?  I'm not that type.  Oh and "Long Island Medium" is one of those shows that I simply can not watch...I can't stand her!

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I don't have an adult daughter but I do have adult sons. My youngest I talk to every day, he calls on the way to work. My older son I text to a lot and we talk on the phone about once a week. When I worked and still had my mom, we'd call each other every morning at 9:30. I still think of her every morning at 9:30. Gee I miss our talks. Heart

@ID2   I can relate to talking to your mom everyday. My mom and I were like that. Every night on the phone for about a hour. She passed ten years ago and I do miss those conversations, wish I could hear her voice one more time. 

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I actually speak with my son more than my daughter but I text with both several times a week.  Both of them live in the city which is about an hour away from us.  I plan on having a mother/daughter lunch with DD on Friday even though she with her boyfriend will be coming for a few days over Christmas.....son will be here too!

I can't imagine speaking on the phone EVERYDAY to anyone...what is there to say?  I'm not that type.  Oh and "Long Island Medium" is one of those shows that I simply can not watch...I can't stand her!

@haddon9  My husband use to ask the same thing, what do you talk about everyday? My mom and I would talk about our day, the kids, weather, cooking. It would be a hour + on the phone.....miss her.

Respected Contributor

My mom passed 19 years ago.  My dad is 81 and we talk every day on the phone,  usually 5 minutes or less,  try to see him once a week (lives about 25 minutes from me.).  Usually talk on my way home from work.  Just want to see how he is.  

Contributor

I usually called my mom when she was alive, probably every week or two. I live 400 miles from her, my siblings are closer. Whenever I’d call she’d complain about church matters then respond to everything I said about my kids with news of my sister’s kids. If I wanted to know what they were doing I would have called my sister. It all made me dread picking up the phone to call.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have one daughter that lives in town, and one that lives a few hours away. We have a group text and chat throughout the day, laughing, joking, sharing news, whatever. There's no way I would talk on the phone as much. We actually speak about once or twice a week and they usually call me, but I am not one of those parents who feel the onus is on the child to call. If I want to hear their voice, I'll call them.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

My mother lived in another state, but we spoke everyday for years before she died.
Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

How Often Do You Talk On The Phone To Your Adult Daughter? (Or in person?)

Sometimes 2-3 times a day.  Sometimes once a week or two.  Depends on what she or I are up to.

Does she call you or do you call her?  She usually calls me.

What makes you feel close to her or not as close as you used to be? (And WHY?)  We are close and we share a lot with each other that we don't share with others.  We enjoy each others company and value each others opinions and views ... even when we don't agree.  We care for and love the same people in our world.  We can cry together, laugh together, or just enjoy the silence together.  We respect and encourage each other and that is a gift. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."