Honored Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Won't Eat That."?

I only make things that I like and only order things in a restaurant that I like.

I basically can eat anything ... my weight doesn't really vary much.  I've been the same size for about 15 or 20 years.   My doctor tells me I'm "healthy and young for my age."

Today - cereal for breakfast - coffee cake for mid-morning snack

Lunch was two deviled eggs, potato salad and some pickled herring - and an English muffin

Just finished dinner - angel hair pasta with zucchini, basil, chick peas, tomatoes, leeks, garlic, lots of cheese, and pesto.  

Later ... a piece of cake and coffee.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

I just say no thank you... Admittedly, I say it a lot! lol I eat very healthy and don't make exceptions. It is my choice. 

Honored Contributor

I should have added ... if I'm somewhere on Friday and someone offers me meat ... I say no - I won't eat that.  I don't eat meat on Fridays.

Honored Contributor

Quite a bit for me, I suppose, since I'm pretty picky.    I don't say it out loud here anymore, however, as we are not allowed to make any remark about a recipe here unless it's 'oooh, that looks yummy!'.   Smiley Very Happy

There are a number of ingredients that, if I see that in a recipe, I'm out.  No question about it.  snip

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I only make things that I like and only order things in a restaurant that I like.

I basically can eat anything ... my weight doesn't really vary much.  I've been the same size for about 15 or 20 years.   My doctor tells me I'm "healthy and young for my age."

Today - cereal for breakfast - coffee cake for mid-morning snack

Lunch was two deviled eggs, potato salad and some pickled herring - and an English muffin

Just finished dinner - angel hair pasta with zucchini, basil, chick peas, tomatoes, leeks, garlic, lots of cheese, and pesto.  

Later ... a piece of cake and coffee.

@ALRATIBA,Girl!  You have the metabolism a lot of women dream about!!!

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

The only thing that makes me say that is if a recipe has many things I don't like in it and that's pretty often.  

@Pook, There are very few things I really like, but I "hate" the texture of dried beans.  I move them over in soup, only like the sauce in baked beans, never ever eat three bean salad, soup beans, black beans, black eyed peas, humus, anything like that since I was a child.  I can, however tolerate a few kidney beans in mild chili.

If DH does beans with ham in it, I'm having  the extra leftovers from grilling or a salad.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECB, I agree with you about when you go out to eat. Then, all bets are off. I sure do wish I had my grandchildren nearby, so I could make comfort food casserols, desserts, and other ooey gooey things. My grandkids are so thin from exercise that the pediatrician would like them to gain weight! Can you imagine that?? Making comfort foods is one of my favorite things to do. A few years ago I decided to only eat whole foods. By that I mean anything that has not been processed into anything else - except for a few things: Yogurt, cheese, olive oil, and one or two other things. I lost 60 lbs. in 9 months. It was a heck of a lot of work to alter recipies to comply! I still use that as a guideline, but I have worked whole wheat pasta into a once every one or two week basis. I don't want to become gluten intolerant. And now, I EAT ONE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE EVERY NIGHT, AND I DON'T CARE!

Respected Contributor

When it has mold on it.

Honored Contributor

Anything with loose ground beef in it.  

I will eat meatballs and burgers but not meatloaf.

Honored Contributor

I say no to fish. The smell, the taste the consistancy - EWWWW.