Honored Contributor

How Often Do You Say "I Won't Eat That."?

Sometimes, looking at posted recipes, I wonder how many of us actually won't step over the line often since the recipes don't mention an event.

I see a lot of high calorie items offered.

Being a true hour glass, I rarely eat bread unless it's 1/2 of a roll at a family dinner or half a slice of sour dough with oil and spices.  Also out are items like pancakes or other quick breads, potatoes, and most higher calorie starches.  If I have corn, it will be 1/2 cob which is actually the Weight Watcher's serving.

I might have a little rice under pepper steak, but after that, I won't and don't actually miss it at all.

I prefer a few crackers to honey wheat (he won't eat wheat)  to a piece of bread unless tomatoes and cucumbers are in for sandwiches and salads.

I'll have a dish of icecream  or something else occasionally.

I get what I want when I go out.

I normally eat cottage cheese, lots of fresh vegetables, salads, cheeses  in moderation, and grilled meats, take multivitamins and crave nothing.

Honored Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Won't Eat That."?

[ Edited ]

I won't eat fried foods or a very concentrated sweet dessert, those foods give me indigestion, but I eat whatever I want  in moderation.

Honored Contributor

Not often enough.

Honored Contributor

The only thing that makes me say that is if a recipe has many things I don't like in it and that's pretty often.  

Esteemed Contributor

If it contains ground beef......ugh.....

Honored Contributor

I hate eggs, and I won't eat them in any form.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I only would not eat something if it had ingredients I don't like, not because it has "bad" ingredients.

Esteemed Contributor

Anything with fish I won't eat. Only occasionally if it's deep fried and lots of tarter sauce.

Honored Contributor

On QVC forums, very often. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

If it involves canned soup, Cool Whip, lots of cheese or basically processed foods I won't eat it. I eat a lot fresh fish and salad for dinner.  Apples and peanut butter or overeasy egg and toast for lunch.  Not good about eating breakfast at home.  Seldom eat red meat or pasta.  Of course all bets are off if I am going out to eat which I usually do a few times a week!