Honored Contributor

Re: How Much Longer Is this Christmas Stuff Going to go on?

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66,What i meant is, are you done shopping yet?I thought that was clear.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Until the week of Christmas, the last day that Fedex, UPS or USPS “guarantees” (hahaha) delivery by Xmas Eve, or Xmas Day for the truly desperate.

There are other shopping channels to watch, but..oh wait - they’re also showing Xmas gifts nonstop - just as malls are decorated now, Xmas tree lightings start this weekend, stores are decorated and will soon start to play Xmas music if they aren’t already.

If people truly wish to avoid all references to Xmas until Dec 1st, they will need to leave their TVs, radios and electronic devices turned off until then and hibernate in their homes, not even venturing into the local supermarket. Other than that - it’s everywhere, QVC doesn’t have a monopoly. Doesn’t the Hallmark Channel start their nonstop Xmas movies in September/October?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 I was teasing you - enjoy this kitteh and his decoratig skills

giphy.gif

OMG.  Last year we rescued a male cat.  Such a sweetie and he never touched the tree or any other decorations.  This past summer we took in another cat our neighbors didn't want.  She is a climber and very, very curious.  I can't imagine what she will do to my new tree and beautiful ornaments.  I'm truly worried.

Honored Contributor

Christmas has become to commercialized.  All the commericals on t.v., magazine,books by the time christmas does roll around people are numb worn out by just the thought of christmas.

Frequent Contributor

I agree that Christmas has bevome too commercialized BUT to complain about a "shopping channel" focusing too much on Christmas - really?  I suspect that all shopping channels make their most money during this time of year.  One poster mentioned doing "other things" than watching TV - maybe that is a good idea.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Wake me up when it's JANUARY!!!!

No thanks...that is even worse....then it is the Nutri Systems, exercise equipment, and beauty "new You"

shows...ugh....rather see Christmas items!!

Honored Contributor

i am enjoying every moment of the holiday season so far......and i am always ready to begin early. i enjoy the music, the holiday shows, my dvds, the hustle and bustle, the planning, the preparation, the decoration, the fun and laughter. i hope to savor the next month and a half.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

WHAT? tired of Christmas? It has only been talked to death and repeated on for 5 months now. Seriously crazy. 

Have to agree about the shows right after the holidays - ” new you “ with dieting and exercising, their boring enough to make you really want some M&M’s or a Margarita!! The “get everything organized” shows are  a real treat too. Oh, almost forgot, the clearance shows of all the fabulous leftovers that did not sell or are holiday returns...

Seriously, not seeing much of anything that time of year.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

I would say at least 5 1/2 weeks more it is only mid November.

yesterday, I thought....and before you know it, it'll be Christmas in July!! WhooHoo.

If you can't beat them @Annabellethecat66, there's only one thing to do and that's to join in it.  LOL.  

I'm not shopping and don't watch shows that lead to buying.  I'm 100% with the season through music. My choice. It's all a choice on what we put ourselves through.  No stress. Try it for one day, stress free, and see if you want more days like that. Choice.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Wake me up when it's JANUARY!!!!

Oh man, @nana59, if there's 2-3 mos. I want to miss here, it's January through February or March, depending on how the snow flys!  Egads.