Valued Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Love Your Phone? lol

I realize that in our society, it's a necessity, but I don't like having one. Of course it's good in case of an emergency, tracking down your kids, etc., but for me it's a nuisance. Also, I prefer to text rather than talk so it does come in handy sometimes, but for the most part I don't give out my number to hardly anyone--because they'll USE it! Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

A "signal booster" would probably help your situation. 

We are between two mountains and use one.  Our "Alexas" weren't able to stay programmed and constantly dropped out.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  We have a land line so a cell is not important.  

I only got a cell in 2005 because Mom was sick and I did the 4 hr. round trip frequently alone. Not city driving, a lot of country roads and main roads with few houses.

I would leave work early, say 4 o'clock, get to Mom's at 6 o'clock and visit for 2 or 3 hrs. and drive home. I would call home and say I was leaving if I'm not home in 2 hours or so come find me.

Mom had no rest until I got a cell phone in case I had car trouble. I didn't bother telling her not a lot of cell service on those roads back in 2005.

Honored Contributor

No, I'd let my phone go and I'm a real-time junkie going back to the first computers!  I love real-time electronics, it all fascinates me.  I couldn't believe I could sell on eBay, ship off something and get paid with Paypal.... this was when eBay first started and continued until recently.. 

I just picked up the Fitbit Luxe.... same fascination with all that real time data.  Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Not at all, only use it for emergencies. 

Honored Contributor

@Mick57 wrote:
Not very much! I grew up without one (cell phone)and was probably one of the last people to get one.

@Mick57  No, I was probably the last person to get a phone....it is a cheap flip phone ...a dumb phone...that I only take with me when in the car for an emergency....Hardly know how to use it....because I never do😄

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say I love my phone and use it all the time.  I would not put my life in danger or my hand in a porta potty if I dropped it but am pretty careful with it.  Pictures are really important to me and the opportunity to take pictures is a great plus.  

I have lots of apps to order food, shop from anywhere and do banking.  Paid bills today while waiting for hairdresser.  I text and even talk on it.  I no longer have a land line and spam blocker to blocks calls. 

Favorite thing to do is shop with grand daughter.  She takes a picture of outfits as she tries them on, texts the pic to me for my opinion.  I can then surprise her and send money to her, phone to phone with Apple Pay, it's immediate and she then swipes her phone at register.  Do the same with DD.  Distance is not a factor.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Happy you are good there.

We can have a dangerous issue here with snow. 

Sometimes, power lines are victim to fallen branches and roads are impassable to fix lines.  We have an extra measure of safety with cell phones.

Esteemed Contributor

I may very well be the only person in this thread to say this......but, yes, I'd definitely jump in an outhouse for my phone....I'd do the same for my Amazon tablet, too. My devices are glued to me--and I like it that way. I actually sleep with my tablet and I would never watch TV at night without having it in my hands. Different strokes for different folks. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

@Spurt That picture is priceless, LOL!

@LindaSal 

Although thats not a photo of my cat, one of my cats is OBSESSED with electronics.....she is always grabbing and hiding my wireless mouse, she's also on my router, and lays on my phone when she finds it on my coffee table....I told her instead of cat toys it looks like I will have to buy her electronics....😸

My cat was obsessed with the screens on our phones, tablets, laptops.  It was nuts nuts, the minute I tried to do something, there she was hitting the screens and buttons with her far paws.