Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Love Your Phone? lol

I got rid of my cell phone a year ago I think.  We don't get service here at the house so it was usually dead in the bottom of my purse.

DD usually knows if I am going out for an hour or so.  If she couldn't get hold of me after awhile she send a search party. lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt That picture is priceless, LOL!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Spurt That picture is priceless, LOL!

@LindaSal 

Although thats not a photo of my cat, one of my cats is OBSESSED with electronics.....she is always grabbing and hiding my wireless mouse, she's also on my router, and lays on my phone when she finds it on my coffee table....I told her instead of cat toys it looks like I will have to buy her electronics....😸

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

It's unnerving to even think about losing my phone. It runs my life. But, if I dropped it where it would be dangerous to retrieve, I'd just have a good cry, and I'm not a crier. 

Honored Contributor

Got one four months ago because they said I needed one to notify me when my husband completed a medical test. Never used it - I put a mask on and walked into the clinic when I thought he'd be done. No one yelled at me. I don't want a phone and haven't used it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not obsess over my Tracfone, it is kept for emergency purposes only, and I would never be in a situation to have to retrieve my phone...it stays in my lug bag unless needed! Barely know how to use it.  On the other hand, no one touches my tablet or computer.

Respected Contributor

I use my landline when at home and that's the number I give out.  But I like having a cell phone and wouldn't want to be without it.  I use it quite a bit when I'm out and about, especially when travelling.  It only costs me $15 a month so no big deal.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Lord, people and their phones.

An American tourist was on an unauthorized trail in Italy and fell into the crater of Mt. Vesuvivs.  Cuts and bruises only.

A couple months ago a woman fell head first into the vault of an outhouse in Olympic National Forest and had to be rescued.

#1, if my phone fell into the hole of an outhouse I wouldn't want it back. #2, I've been in outhouses in state parks and I don't linger much less want to dither around with my phone. I am on the look out for spiders and other creepy crawlers.

How far would be go to retrieve your phone?

Not so sure I'd want her back either after swimming down there  Cat Tongue

The people who irritate me are the ones who are texting while walking in the parking lots.  They walk in front of cars and hold up traffic while trying to get hit.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Lord, people and their phones.

An American tourist was on an unauthorized trail in Italy and fell into the crater of Mt. Vesuvivs.  Cuts and bruises only.

A couple months ago a woman fell head first into the vault of an outhouse in Olympic National Forest and had to be rescued.

#1, if my phone fell into the hole of an outhouse I wouldn't want it back. #2, I've been in outhouses in state parks and I don't linger much less want to dither around with my phone. I am on the look out for spiders and other creepy crawlers.

How far would be go to retrieve your phone?

Not so sure I'd want her back either after swimming down there  Cat Tongue

The people who irritate me are the ones who are texting while walking in the parking lots.  They walk in front of cars and hold up traffic while trying to get hit.

@Scooby Doo , same here.  Back in 2017, I was walking on the sidewalk into my chiro's office (my DH was behind me).  As I was walking, a man was coming towards me walking and looking down at his cell phone, not looking at where he was walking.  He didn't see me.  As I attempted to get out of his way, my right ankle gave out and flipped over and I fell down and thankfully, my handbag on my wrist curtailed me from banging my head on the concrete.  However, I heard 3 cracks in my right ear at my shoulder.  My chiro came rushing out the door and tried to check it as everything was beginning to go black for me.  I ended up in the ER and was there for over 12 hours after xrays, etc.  Two weeks later, I ended up with a reverse shoulder replacement.  

Now, I am very observant of people walking towards me or around me.  It's just ridiculous IMO, but I can't do anything about it.  DH said, if they shut down the towers for one hour, the world would go crazy.

Honored Contributor

I depend on my phone a lot.  The most important people in my life have been assigned unique sounds for their texts alerts and phone calls.   I ignore everything else but those specific sounds.  

However, I do not take my phone to the bathroom with me, nor do I walk around in public carrying my phone in my hand.  Regardless of how long the wait, I do not routinely pull out my phone when I'm sitting in waiting rooms.  I let my daughters know in advance when I'm going to be out of pocket for awhile, but always check my phone in the car before I leave the parking lot.   I do not use the Bluetooth system in my car.