Esteemed Contributor

How Much Do You Love Your Phone? lol

Lord, people and their phones.

An American tourist was on an unauthorized trail in Italy and fell into the crater of Mt. Vesuvivs.  Cuts and bruises only.

A couple months ago a woman fell head first into the vault of an outhouse in Olympic National Forest and had to be rescued.

#1, if my phone fell into the hole of an outhouse I wouldn't want it back. #2, I've been in outhouses in state parks and I don't linger much less want to dither around with my phone. I am on the look out for spiders and other creepy crawlers.

How far would be go to retrieve your phone?

Honored Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Love Your Phone? lol

It will gladly stay in the crater/outhouse....different priorities.

Honored Contributor

I love my phone, I'm more attached to it than I care to admit.  My life is on my phone but if I dropped it or lost it, I wouldn't put my life or safety at risk.  It's just a phone and I can get a new one ane practically everything on the phone can be retrieved and put on my new phone.  My pictures and my music are what I care most about and they are in "the cloud", I can't lose them.  However. Some people don't think when they drop their phone, they just react to the fear of not having it.  I saw a guy once who dropped his phone and dashed into 4 busy lanes of city traffic to retrieve it.  It was a miracle that cars could screech to a stop to avoid hitting him.

Contributor

Not very much! I grew up without one (cell phone)and was probably one of the last people to get one.
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't try to retrieve it at all, I only carry a cell phone in case of emergencies when I'm away from home.

Other than that, I never use it, just not interested.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Not a phone but a $8K diamond bracelet. My friends and I went camping one weekend, it was their anniversary. She got a diamond bracelet gift from her hubby and was wearing it on the trip.

In the middle of the night I heard yelling. She was up and hollering something at her hubby. I went back to sleep. Next day the couple was not around. I saw her standing outside the outhouse looking inside it. He was hunched over the poop hole with a stick trying to fish out the bracelet. 

They never did get the bracelet. He wasn't stupid. She was.

Esteemed Contributor

But the good news is that there was service down there and the phone was used to call 911!!!  

Honored Contributor

My phone lives in my handbag and sees the light of day about once every 2-3 weeks when I place a grocery order at Wal-Mart and want to tell them I've arrived to pick it up.  Nobody has the number so I never get calls.

If I dropped it somewhere unpleasant, it would stay there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I consider it a necessary EVIL, its become mandatory to conduct business these days, but then come technical glitzes and power outages .....And there's privacy issues as well (love the DuckDuckGo commercial it says it all)

Everyone Except Sprint Customers, Rejoice: You Can Start Unlocking Your  Mobile Phone This Week – Consumerist

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I am like @Kachina624 mine stays in my purse and when I am out and about running errands it stays in my car.  I would save it if it fell out of my hand right in front of my feet, otherwise there are too many books to read.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."