Honored Contributor

Re: How Much Did This Wedding Cake Cost?

I hate calling somebody a liar but there's no way those flowers (roses) were under $50.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I hate calling somebody a liar but there's no way those flowers (roses) were under $50.

Agree. I assume they're artificial but even at that all the flowers and greenery is going to come to more than $50. 

And the sugar and butter to make all that extra buttercream...

And the cute DIY table/support.... 

And the cake topper....

All that stuff adds up. 

We recently bought a sheet cake for a birthday party from a grocery store. Nothing on it. It still cost $50. 

Honored Contributor

Ewwww.  I wouldn't want to eat it after it had been cut up and re-iced and hauled around like that. 

Honored Contributor

There are too many flowers around the base.

Costco cakes are fine, but did this get done at the last minute or something.  He easily could have baked a cake.  LOL

Honored Contributor

It might have been a piece about  having a wedding on a shoestring budget and that is why  the cake was made so cheaply

It is pretty, but, honestly  I am never tempted by that much icing, In fact ,I always feel a bit queasy, when I see stuff like that.

I wouldn't eat it

Honored Contributor

this cake is most lovely and so fancy. It is a lot more fancy than I would request. The brother showed off his talent of taking inexpensive items and make a lavish cake to fit the occasion.

Respected Contributor

Portillo's in Chicago makes a two layer chocolate cake.........It is made with Betty Crocker Devils Food cake mix using mayo instead of oil. They cook them and send you two wrapped layers, a spatula and 2 cans of Betty Crocker frosting. This would cost you around $5 using their recipe........

they charge $50 !!!!

Honored Contributor

Wow it is beautiful and I am very hungry for a piece. Love Wedding Cake!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

We haven't bought a sheet cake in a very long time.  The last one we bought was a Costco half sheet and I want to say it was $15.   Even if they didn't raise the price just the cost of the two cakes at old prices take up 60% of a $50 price tag.

Honored Contributor

If I had to guess, I'd say $4000.  Wedding cakes like that are very, very expensive but it depends who is making it.  A local bakery might charge $2000,  $3000,  $4000.  But that big famous, wedding cake baker that the rich and famous go to might charge $25,000 for the exact same cake.  And it depends on the flavors and fillings.