Respected Contributor

Re: How Many Christmas/Holiday Cards Have You Received?

I have received 10 so far, will probably get 10 more.  I still haven't decided if I'm sending any this year.  Monday I will go buy some, address and send them on that day, if at all.

This is silly but years ago we sent cards to the people we work with - about 14 at the time.  We are down to 12 people now.  Some send cards, some don't.  Since I have been in since the beginning I continued to send to all of my co-workers - can't send to just a few and not all.  I don't want to send any to those I work with - see them everyday and doesn't seem like the purpose of Christmas cards.  If I send cards this year, I can think of  10 out of towners I want to send to and would like to send to 4 co-workers

I decide Monday if I'm sending cards at all from now on - seems like a trend that is going by the way.  I remember as as a child our family received cards that we taped up a large archway and the went up both sides and across and excess went on the mantle.  Of course, stamps for Christmas cards were 3 cents and a penny less if you didn't seal the envelope!

We do give our grandkids (in their 20's now) a special Christmas card, but it contains their Christmas cash and is wrapped as a present.

Esteemed Contributor

So far I received 7 cards ... it is still early & I know I will get more ..... every year I receive less & less cards ... I guess between the price of cards & postage stamps it has become too expensive for some people 🎄🎄

Honored Contributor

12 so far.  Expect more this week.  We send out several, but it's habit and fun for us.  Our way of connecting with friends and family that we don't see except for weddings or funerals.  Mostly funerals anymore.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I've received 8 .  I haven't sent mine out.  They will go out Monday.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee - apparently I was thoughtless and at the very least I could have kept them until the holidays were over.

To me there is no difference if they get thrown into recycling on the day or a week or 3 later - they're still getting thrown away!

Honored Contributor

The first year we were married, we had so many cards sent, that our mail service delivered  2 times a day , in the city limits, during  the week before Christmas

Back then, if you didn't send cards, I think you were run out of town on a rail. I don't know how they did it years ago. Of course the population was smaller, but things seem to run ,so much more, efficiently

Respected Contributor

4. I sent out 63. I enjoy sending them.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've received three, one of which is a photo card from the garbage collector.  I haven't sent any yet, it's still early.  Usually I send ten or so.

I have a hard time discarding greeting cards, so, in a way, I wish I didn't get any.  Instead they sit in a basket and collect dust.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I've received three, one of which is a photo card from the garbage collector.  I haven't sent any yet, it's still early.  Usually I send ten or so.

I have a hard time discarding greeting cards, so, in a way, I wish I didn't get any.  Instead they sit in a basket and collect dust.

I recycle my cards by using the unprinted sides for notes and lists.

Honored Contributor

Eight.