Respected Contributor

Re: How Many Christmas/Holiday Cards Have You Received?

I got 2 so far - which is fine with me. I used to send out a lot - but these days pretty much I only send to ppl who no longer live near enough to visit regularly.

Respected Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

3 so far.  I don't send many out.  Some of the people have either passed away or we've lost touch.  And if I receive any cards that have glitter I look inside the card while it's still in the envelope but don't take it out.  Don't want that messy stuff all over the place. 

OMG - me too and why this made me laugh.  However, when I went looking for cards this year it was very hard to find any cards that didn't have glitter or sparkly stars, etc.

Respected Contributor

4 and I don’t reciprocate all.

Valued Contributor

@Junker2327 my family (what few are left now) decided after Mom passed to donate our Stamp money to any Vet organization.  (we are a Military family).   Mom used to send out about 200 and get about 150 (trust me she counted them).  We would spend one evening reading her cards.  Very interesting to hear from people I grew up with in another state and the snowbirds that moved to Fl.  Our family now send cards via email.  

Donation of $$ that one would spend on stamps is a great idea if people can get family members to agree.  

Valued Contributor

Love finding out what people have been up to each year, but for some reason the "mass produced" letters that tell every step a family has taken in the last year seem so very impersonal to me. Guess that is the Scrooge in me when I like something more personal.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

Love finding out what people have been up to each year, but for some reason the "mass produced" letters that tell every step a family has taken in the last year seem so very impersonal to me. Guess that is the Scrooge in me when I like something more personal.  

@INDIANA BONES  I completely agree.

Honored Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

@Junker2327 my family (what few are left now) decided after Mom passed to donate our Stamp money to any Vet organization.  (we are a Military family).   Mom used to send out about 200 and get about 150 (trust me she counted them).  We would spend one evening reading her cards.  Very interesting to hear from people I grew up with in another state and the snowbirds that moved to Fl.  Our family now send cards via email.  

Donation of $$ that one would spend on stamps is a great idea if people can get family members to agree.  

I don't understand why you would need family members to agree.  If you choose not to send cards and donate that $ instead you don't need their permission to not send cards.

Respected Contributor

Well I am really miffed now. Not one card from any of the royals! Here I am with a mouthful of crowns [ not cheap mind you] and am not considered royalty. Really!

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Well I am really miffed now. Not one card from any of the royals! Here I am with a mouthful of crowns [ not cheap mind you] and am not considered royalty. Really!

@hellie jo  LOL!    And I'm with you on the mouthful of crowns, which all cost a royal fortune!

Trusted Contributor

Received 6, I think, so far.  This year three friends and my dad died.  I was not going to send cards, I just was not in the mood, but the other night I decided that I really wanted to feel a little bit normal about  the holidays.  So, I sent out 16.  Except for cards for my mom and sister, the others went to people whom I do not see because they live in other states.