Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: How Many Christmas/Holiday Cards Have You Received?

Honored Contributor

We’ve received six and I’ve mailed two so far. 

Next week I’ll mail the rest.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Pearlee - apparently I was thoughtless and at the very least I could have kept them until the holidays were over.

To me there is no difference if they get thrown into recycling on the day or a week or 3 later - they're still getting thrown away!

@CelticCrafter  Ditto!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Not very many. Maybe 6...would kind of like to do away with it except for out of town special people. I am compiling a list this year of those I receive so I can weed my list lol. I think a lot of people arn't sending cards anymore.

@wonderfulworldI "weed" my list every year.  I'll send, even if they don't, until I've reached their apparent level of not caring.  If they're elderly or have "issues" that I know about or they still matter to me, they still get a card whether I get one or not.  I'm not a "quid pro quo" kind of person.

I've dropped family members after their facebook greetings to all their "friends."

I used to keep all the cards and photos, then only special cards and the photos.  This year I'm going to be tossing most of what I have and most of what comes in.  I have a couple of friends who are artists. A couple of friends make their own cards.  I keep those.  And cards with special messages handwritten inside...they'll stay.  Except for immediate family, the pics are going too.  

I think I've received 8 or 10 this year...not keeping count.  A note in one made me laugh, a note in another made me cry...bittersweet tears.  

My plan is to put the ones I'm sending (around 30) in the mail on Monday.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

3 so far.  I don't send many out.  Some of the people have either passed away or we've lost touch.  And if I receive any cards that have glitter I look inside the card while it's still in the envelope but don't take it out.  Don't want that messy stuff all over the place. 

@Catty2I love a little glitter.  I don't shake it everywhere, but if some falls off of a card or decoration, it doesn't bother me.  I only know it's there when light hits it, and I love it!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

5 so far, I will send mine out this week. To everyone here,

http://www.123merrychristmas.com/upload/gallery/image/4/102/large/merry_christmas_santa_claus_gif.gif

Respected Contributor

9 came and I haven't even gotten ours addressed yet.  Gotta do that today or tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whooo hoooo - the mail came and I received another card.  Total is now 7 Woman LOL

I sent 16 or 17 out.  I was on a roll when I was writing notes and addressing them so I can't recall the exact number.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

The one from my Mom came today, it said

"probably the last card I will send......I don't expect one back...."

she's 82.  sigh....

I have to think long and hard before I send mine to her. 

I've gotten 3 or 4 others.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

3 received so far.  I mailed 18 last weekend.