Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Christmas/Holiday Cards Have You Received?

I send around 25 and received 12 so far.   

Honored Contributor

I've received about ten.  I don't get nearly as many as I used to; I think people aren't sending them out as much any more, at least people I know who keep in touch much more frequently now via email.

Also this year, for the first time, I'm throwing them away as I receive them (well into recycle).  I used to display them all on my mantel piece until New Year but I'm just tossing them after reading them now.  Even the ones with photos.  I never used to do that.

I'm also sending out fewer than I used to. 

Trusted Contributor

I sent about 45, and have received about 20 so far.  Nearly every one has a picture and/or a letter.

Honored Contributor

Two, which is two more than what I sent.

Honored Contributor

I think about 5 so far, which surprises me, for I don't send cards to anyone. It is very kind of people to do this, but, I am just not a card sender

Esteemed Contributor

2, one a real Christmas card, the other a family photo, more to show off someones wealth, instead of anything to do with Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I've received about ten.  I don't get nearly as many as I used to; I think people aren't sending them out as much any more, at least people I know who keep in touch much more frequently now via email.

Also this year, for the first time, I'm throwing them away as I receive them (well into recycle).  I used to display them all on my mantel piece until New Year but I'm just tossing them after reading them now.  Even the ones with photos.  I never used to do that.

I'm also sending out fewer than I used to. 

@Pearlee - I admitted to doing that one year when the topic of cards came up and darn near had my head ripped off!

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter  Why?  I don't see what's wrong with it!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

3 so far.  I don't send many out.  Some of the people have either passed away or we've lost touch.  And if I receive any cards that have glitter I look inside the card while it's still in the envelope but don't take it out.  Don't want that messy stuff all over the place. 

Esteemed Contributor

One, from my sister in law