Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Blankets Do You Have On Your Bed?

So happy to know I am not the only person on the planet that sleeps w/an electric blanket. Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yup, @qualitygal  I've got one of those little dude back warmers too!  Priceless!

@qualitygal wrote:

2.  I also have a Yorkie heater smack dab next to me, that generates all kinds of heat. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

missy1 wrote:

I use a blanket or  just a top sheet OR both.

I have to have cotton touching my skin.

I thought I was the only one!  Must be cotton.   My sheets, of course, and any blankets and bedspread (I don't do comforters as I generate too much heat for that) must be all cotton.

I must fold the sheet down over the blanket/bedspread at the top so that just the cotton sheet is against me.

Honored Contributor

I have 1 blanket, and I use flannel or fleece sheets. I am always comfy

Honored Contributor

Flannel sheets with 1 electric blanket. The blanket is very warm when it's not on. I only use the heat function when it gets really cold. For some reason it has not got cold yet so I have to keep throwing the blanket off of me.

Super Contributor

Blankets?  It's lucky if I even use a sheet at this time.  In a month or so I will put maybe 2 blankets on bed, or one really warm one for about 3 months.  Right now it's still hot ... upper 80s.  Think it was 90 something few days last week.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I generate an insane amount of heat.  In the dead of winter I only go up to TWO cotton blankets.    Plus, I completely block the heat register in my bedroom.  Lately it's only been getting down in the 40s at night, so one blanket right now.

In the rest of the year it's just the bedspread atop the sheets and I have the register open during a/c weather.

@chickenbutt I could have written this, except I stick with one lightweight down blanket. The coverlet is folded at the end of the bed. Last winter was brutal and I did use the coverlet. So far this fall has been insanely warm and it’s been challenging to not wake up boiling.

Esteemed Contributor

Two: a comforter and a quilt on top to weigh it down. No top sheet.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

No blankets on my bed at all. I do have a comforter. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now

1 ~ cotton blanket

1 ~ cotton quilt

waiting in the wings for cold weather is a much loved quilted silk comforter.

I love natural fibers in general, especially on the bed!

💡 Forgot to mention all the very special love ❤️ and ATU’s (Animal Thermal Units) from my wonderful animal babies!!!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras