Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Lazy/Tech Obsessed Can Society Be?

I think I'd wait until it's been around awhile, but it's an idea that could be useful.  I see too many potential failures.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Not a bad idea, but I think the suitcase could be easily stolen as it rolled around the airport.  ... Unless of course it was tethered, or chained, to its owner. 

Love the story about the evolution of horns in phone-addicted folk!  But I think it will be short-lived.  Phones will be replaced eventually by a new technology (but don't ask ne what!)..

Honored Contributor

back in the day there used to be people available to schlep luggage so what's the difference here,  

Valued Contributor

I thought it was awesome! Didn't buy due to $600+ price tag, but it's new technology so the price will come down soon. Will def purchase one then!

Honored Contributor

I don't get the washing machine that will hold a whole bottle of detergent in the dispenser - how long does it take to do individual pours for each load.

I don't see the need for every appliance or gadget to be operated from an app on a cell phone either.

Respected Contributor

I like the concept but wouldn't buy this one for a couple of reasons.

I don't like hard sided luggage. 

More importantly, this bag is too big to qualify as a carry-on bag. The maximum allowed by most airlines is 45 linear inches, with dimensions of 22x14x9 INCLUDING any wheels and/or handles. This bag is 23x15x9, totaling 47 linear inches. It won't fit in the overhead, and because of the built in lithium battery, you can't check it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

The son of mine who is going into the field of AI watched this presentation with interest. When it was over he said they need to add one of two things:

1) Make it scream when it's being stolen

or

2) Make it give off a shock when a non-owner touches it.

In other words, it needs an anti-theft device programmed into it. He wondered why that wasn't considered when the prototype was presented. 

Valued Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Please bear with me; something I heard  from someone I don't know while shopping.

Second hand information.

Is it true that kids are beginning to grow small 'horns' on the back base of their skull.........one 'horn' on each side.

Because they are always looking down, and their neck muscles are beginning to weaken, so these small 'horns' on each side are growing in order to support the skull.

First time I've heard 'that one'.

Fact or fiction?

Fact unfortuantely.  U can probably find info if u search it.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Now we have suitcases that follow us through the airport, no need to pull it by the handle.....okay.

https://www.qvc.com/COWAROBOT-Auto-Follow-Smart-Luggage-20%22-Suitcase.product.F13788.html?sc=PRODFE...

Call me overjoyed to see this until I saw the price for that size.  Wowza.  As someone disabled, this would prevent me from depending on someone having to assist me with luggage.  As with all new inventions, I eventually the price will come down and hopefully it will be larger then an overhead size.   Amazes me the inventions we all should have thought of that people come up with.  Kudos to this young man.  

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I don't see the need for every appliance or gadget to be operated from an app on a cell phone either.

Neither do I.  I love that there are still things that work without electricity or electronics - such as opening a door, adjusting a thermostat, flushing a toilet, etc.  No cost to operate and energy-saving!  My parents were given one of those devices that takes instructions from Alexa to turn on a lamp.  I doubt they'll use it.  The're not disabled and what's so hard about getting up off your butt to turn on a lamp.