Valued Contributor

Re: How Is Your Life Different Since Thanksgiving 2019?

There’s been a LOT of changes since 2019, but too depressing to talk about. I hope some day I can.
Respected Contributor

@wagirl ...if i could hug you i would. That is just so much for one person to endure. I am glad you have the comfort of your daughter. But wow still ::: hugs:::

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanksgiving this year will be a return to normal for me.  During the pandemic the annual trip to New Hampshire for dinner and an overnight with my sister and BIL was a no -go.

We are back to tradition this year and I am so looking forward to it!!

The day after the holiday, three of my other sisters ( I have 7!) come up in the morning and we go out for breakfast and travel around to various little country gift stores and artist/crafter retail sites.  When we return, it is coffee and pie before we all get in the car to head home.  My mom always came up with me before she passed in 2015, and she is still missed every year.  (Every day!)  My condolences to those of you who have just experienced the loss of your mom or dad.  While it is a very big blow and a deep sorrow, as you gather at the table be sure to be thankful for the gift they were to you and for the good amount of time you had them in your life.  I had friends who lost their parents in their teens and twenties.  I had mom until my early 60s!  I was indeed lucky.

Whether your Thanksgiving is radically different or a continuing tradition, I hope that all the great folks on these boards are safe and healthy, and get to share food and love with their familes and thanks and love with God.

Esteemed Contributor

We are grieving with those of you who have had losses - one way or another! My DH lost his one & only brother, but not for c19 reasons. So life in that regard has taken a bit of a turn.

But our family hasn't done things any differently. We all still got together and managed to stay healthy. TTL!

The biggest change for me has been in college teaching, though I've been teaching on-line for longer than 2019. It's all taken a toll on the students, though.

Respected Contributor

It hasn't except that buying stuff for Thanksgiving dinner is a LOT more expensive. 

Honored Contributor

We've never changed any of our plans. Pandemic or no pandemic. We were the only ones still celebrating together during ths nightmare. No one ever got sick. So glad we didn't let this nonsense bother us. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Since Thanksgiving 2019 my son, my mom, and dog passed away. The grief is overwhelming at times, but I am thankful to have my husband and twin to son who passed away.

Super Contributor

Circumstances don't define us - living thankful!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not different at all other than wearing masks when I am out shopping 

Honored Contributor

@781Florist What a wonderful post--and your Thanksgiving and day after sound ideal!  Thanks for sharing -- I loved hearing about!