Honored Contributor

Re: How Instacart workers get paid

I have an order delivered every Friday from a local market and an occasional order from Costco.  I don't think this is career choice for most of the shoppers - I have noticed they all drive nicer cars than I do!   Usually I get exactly what I ordered and I tip 15 to 20% on my credit card and give them five stars.  

Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I order about every week to two weeks, regularly.  I wasn't going to use till I found out I got Wegmans.  Love that supermarket!  It's the northern version of Publix. It's huge.  so many variety of foods.  A good feature because it's harder to run out foods.  I joined the Express ($100.00) a year.  I have other supermarkets too.  Safeway, Aldi, some I never heard of.  Like Harris Teeter.  Others I have are Costco, BJ's Shoppers and Streets Market.  So far I've tried Aldi and Safeway.  My usual is Wegmans and sometimes Giant.  The farthest south Wegmans goes is North Carolina. 

@songbird

I have groceries delivered by Instacart every week. Can you please tell me the advantage of joining the Express? TIA

Honored Contributor

z

@CaliKat wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I order about every week to two weeks, regularly.  I wasn't going to use till I found out I got Wegmans.  Love that supermarket!  It's the northern version of Publix. It's huge.  so many variety of foods.  A good feature because it's harder to run out foods.  I joined the Express ($100.00) a year.  I have other supermarkets too.  Safeway, Aldi, some I never heard of.  Like Harris Teeter.  Others I have are Costco, BJ's Shoppers and Streets Market.  So far I've tried Aldi and Safeway.  My usual is Wegmans and sometimes Giant.  The farthest south Wegmans goes is North Carolina. 

@songbird

I have groceries delivered by Instacart every week. Can you please tell me the advantage of joining the Express? TIA

It's quite an advantage. You get free delivery.  Each time.  You can join via monthly (at $9.99) or yearly (at $100.00) Cheaper yearly. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

z

@CaliKat wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird

It's quite an advantage. You get free delivery.  Each time.  You can join via monthly (at $9.99) or yearly (at $100.00) Cheaper yearly. 

Also, you pay a smaller service fee (which is hardly anything) and you can have delivery as many times as you want as long as you spend at least $35.

If you're hesitant, try the monthly first. You can cancel that at any time. We now do the yearly because our MC had a promotion which gave us two free months. After that, unless we cancel, we are signed up for a year.

@CaliKat& @songbird 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

z

@CaliKat wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird

Also, you pay a smaller service fee (which is hardly anything) and you can have delivery as many times as you want as long as you spend at least $35.

If you're hesitant, try the monthly first. You can cancel that at any time. We now do the yearly because our MC had a promotion which gave us two free months. After that, unless we cancel, we are signed up for a year.

@CaliKat& @songbird 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@suzyQ3 

Thank you so much for explaining it to me. It sounds very good. The next time I order I will sign up for the monthly to test it out, but will probably switch to the yearly for better savings.