Honored Contributor

How Eugenie Felt About 'Archie' Announcement at Wedding

[ Edited ]

From People magazine......

It was Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's wedding day, but Meghan Markle and Prince Harry also had big news to share.

According to the new tell-all book , Meghan and Prince Harry shared the news that they were expecting with family and friends at his cousin's royal wedding in Oct. 2018.

The pregnancy was officially announced three days later on the Kensington Palace social media accounts, as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex embarked on their royal tour of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga.

"It did not go down particularly well with Eugenie, who, a source said, told friends she felt the couple should have waited to share the news," according to authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand.

How selfish, but doesn't surprise me....JMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: How Beatrice Felt About 'Archie' Announcement at Wedding

Yes, I remember when they used Eugenie's wedding to announce their pregnancy.  Pretty darned rude of them.  Talk about stealing someone else's thunder...they couldn't wait 3 days for the official announcement?

Honored Contributor

Will this get poofed before the 2 usual suspects show up?  LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: How Eugenie Felt About 'Archie' Announcement at Wedding

@KingstonsMom They tout being independent,.  This is another example of being selfish and always being in the spotlight. 

Esteemed Contributor

Megan and Harry are totally classless.  Imho they deserve each other and banned from any/all media highlights.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

@Bri369 

If I'm one of the "2 usual suspects", here I am GF, proudly waving, LOL!

*Corrected typo

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I don’t give much thought or care about what goes on in the royal family, but in this case I agree with Eugenie. It was her wedding day. It was supposed to be about her and her husband. Any other announcements should have waited. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

As I recall, they were leaving on their Australian tour immediately following the wedding and it was officially announced after they arrived in Australia.  Perhaps, they wanted to tell their family in person and that was the only time the family was together before the trip?  It probably bothered Sarah more than it did Eugenie.

Honored Contributor

We don't know the reasons or the details, so once again, if you hate them the announcement seems devious, if you like or at least don't hate them, it's really not a big deal.

And really, who knows what Eugenie thinks.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Bri369 

If I'm one of the "2 usual suspects", here I am GF, proudly waving, LOL!

*Corrected typo

It's not you.

But this is something that supposedly happened 3 years ago.  Does it really matter.

It just seems gossipy and will make the haters jump for joy to see another Megan and Harry thread.