Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Eugenie Felt About 'Archie' Announcement at Wedding

The announcement could have waited.  

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I think it's petty and immature for any bride to get upset in this situation.  If it happened at my wedding, I'd be just be happy for them.  You'd have to be pretty insecure and/or selfish to let something like this affect you.

Odd how it's been reported this family gets upset when another family member makes an announcement or posts a picture.  Things have to be carefully scheduled so as not to steal another's thunder.  I don't see it as a big deal--especially since people were already talking about the 8 1/2 month pregnant cousin Zara at the time.  

Turn about being fair play, detractors are often lambasted for making assumptions about the duo, but it seems some significant assumptions are being made here about Eugenie (insecure, petty, selfish, immature...). Nowhere did it state she was upset. It was stated she thought they should have waited. As for family getting 'upset' at upstaging, it seems that personal events aside, where common courtesy ought to prevail but clearly doesn't always... there is some sort of either spoken or unspoken agreement that in order to facilitate the royals casting as wide a net as possible, they coordinate appearances, schedules and PR... 

From the OP's source:  "It did not go down particularly well with Eugenie" -- I feel that implies she was upset.  

ETA:  My adjectives (insecure, petty, selfish, immature) apply to any bride (not just Eugenie) who would get upset about something like this.  

Well then, I guess we'll agree to disagree on the implication of 'did not go down well with'... as well as with regard to our use of adjectives...  I can't personally see getting what I would consider 'upset', I can understand feeling a bit annoyed, and, thinking they could have waited for another place and time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

My guess is the minute Meghan declined a glass of wine, no less than 6 people asked if she was pregnant. To suggest she somehow upstaged Eugenie is bordering on the ridic.

Every single time we were together at family dinners and one of my sisters declined a cocktail I knew immediately she was pregnant. 

Really... All that over declining a drink... Assuming that's even the scenario, all she had to say was she was fighting of a bit of a headache and the wine would probably make it worse... Many of us have declined plenty of alcoholic beverages without pregnancy being the cause...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...