Trusted Contributor

Re: How Eugenie Felt About 'Archie' Announcement at Wedding

As much as the Duchess complains about the press intrusion, the more she wants to always be in the spotlight.  Talking about wanting things both ways.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hate to say it, but I will. There is something about Meg-Gain that makes her fun to hate.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

Amazing how leaving out a few details changes things.

The book also says that although Eugenie was disappointed that they shared their new at her wedding, it hasn't changed her relationship with Harry. She went to see Archie two or three times after he was born.

Eugenie and Harry remain close - to the disappointment of some, I'm sure.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Respected Contributor

@sharlee wrote:

The book also says that although Eugenie was disappointed that they shared their new at her wedding, it hasn't changed her relationship with Harry. She went to see Archie two or three times after he was born.

To me, that simply shows Eugenie is a classy and caring young woman.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alicedee wrote:

@sharlee wrote:

To me, that simply shows Eugenie is a classy and caring young woman.  

I'd tend to agree and I don't understand why anyone would assume there would be disappointment associated with Eugenie remaining close to her cousin... Doing so is not mutually exclusive with her perhaps having feelings about the Sussex's behavior... That said, one might note, nothing was said about her being close with her cousin-in-law... Then again, by many accounts, said cousin-in-law does not tend to sustain many close friendships or familial relationships...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

As much as this has been reported on various websites over the years, I don't think I've seen anybody cite specific details. Is it possible Meghan shared the news to explain to a few people why she's dressed that way (not form fitting) or why she's gained weight? Is it possible someone asked them and they just confirmed suspicions? Is it possible they only told one or two people and they're the ones that ran with it? For those saying H & M tried to steal Eugenie's spotlight, exactly how many people did H & M actually tell?  

Esteemed Contributor

Full disclosure: I'd pick H & M over Andrew, Fergie, and their girls any day. Eugenie must be a thin skinned pampered princess if she teally thinks news about little Archie spoiled her extravagant day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

Full disclosure: I'd pick H & M over Andrew, Fergie, and their girls any day. Eugenie must be a thin skinned pampered princess if she teally thinks news about little Archie spoiled her extravagant day.

Well, of course, we all get to 'pick' whoever we choose, assuming there's any reason to 'pick' at all... As for extravagant days, it would appear they've all had them and at least one of them had a series of extravagant spending field days before it all sort of started to contribute to bad press... Based on what was reported, it wouldn't appear Eugenie's day was 'ruined', merely that she thought they should have waited to make their announcement, which they probably should have... I'm no fan of Andrew or Fergie, but don't personally assess their daughters negatively because of them any more than I do any child of a public person caught in peccadilloes, of which there have, of course, been many...

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan - I have to respectfully disagree with you.

ANY bride and groom should be allowed to be the "big news" on their day!  

No one should spoil that unless it's an emergency. 

If someone asked them or hinted something they could have carefully deferred the discussion until the next day - UNLESS they had the bride's blessing to talk about it. They could have let Eugenie and Jack know privately and gone from there, but then "I" think even that would have been inappropriate. 

Give them their wedding day, THEN make the "family" announcement!   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Is it possible... Is it possible... Is it possible... While anything is possible, of course, the news was theirs to share or to not share and they pretty clearly opted to share it...