Trusted Contributor

Re: How Do You "Throw" or "Pop" Your Clothes On? !!

.thoughts.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I've been known to just 'throw" something on.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter "Don" makes perfect sense. I don my clothes, don't throw or pop 'em on!

Trusted Contributor

@SunValley 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Esteemed Contributor

When I think of throwing on my clothes, I think of those times when I was sitting around in my nightgown and somebody knocked on the door or rang the door bell.  I just "threw on" anything I could grab quickly without putting any thought into it, and that could mean it didn't necessarily match and had a few wrinkles.  😂

So, "throw on" to me means that I put no thought into it and was in a big hurry.  I guess the hosts are saying whatever they're selling will be that thing I can grab when I have no time to think about an outfit and this time actually look stylish.  Maybe.  Maybe not.

Esteemed Contributor

@06greatwife wrote:

As I grow older I find there's not much throwing or not much popping of anything going on. Well maybe popping of my hip or my bad knee. 🤣

OR popping from too much GAS!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

They can just say "put this on" .... that's boring.  They feel the need to entertain us with their silliness.  If they cut out all that wasted talk, they might have time to slow it down and make it easier for a viewer to follow along, gather the needed info, and make an informed decision.  But then, we might not make so many bad purchases.

I love "a POP of color."

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I don’t know about how I’d pop on my clothes but I’ve seen a few folks out and about who have popped out of their clothes...

especilly the plumbers climbing in the cabinet under the sink.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

My sis and I both laugh when the hosts say "you can just throw this on" or "just pop it on".

I don't know about other people but I just put my clothes on. I've never popped or thrown them LOL! Tho in a rush I've been known to throw on a jacket!

@Love my grandkids To me both phrases sound perfectly normal.  Don't you ever say to someone "Oh just throw something on and go?"

You've never said or heard "Well pop on a jacket and come with me."

Sorry, but both are something I would never think anything about hearing or saying. 

Esteemed Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

.thoughts.jpg

Hysterical. I just sent this to my friend.