Honored Contributor

How Do You See Your Life Changing in this Decade?

I see us staying home more, getting more things delivered or doing pickups.  I don't see us spending much time shopping.  I think for us, we would see it as a waste of time going forward.

We have come to see that we really don't need a lot of the stuff we might otherwise buy.  It is easier to see need vs. want now.

I am not interested in makeup or skin care beyond something basic.  It is all about the same, doesn't do that much anyway.  I want something that is a good product, pretty container, and one or two, not six or ten of something.

I look forward to having friends in the house often, and not much I see changing with that.

I am being more selective in what I read, what I spend my time on, and what I ingest--in my brain and my soul.  And I am paying a lot of attention to where I donate money.  

I think life will be very different going forward and if blessed to be here, I intend to make the most of it!

Respected Contributor

Re: How Do You See Your Life Changing in this Decade?

@Sooner    a good question, but I, personally,  think it's  too early to ask it for a true reply that translates in to actuality.  People forget very easily.  Once the vaccine is available and we ease back into the way things were,  I think things will go on as they had been, for the most part. 

I still love my make up and put it on every day, even though I'm working from home.  It makes ME feel good.  I was always appreciative of what I had/have well before this year. 

For the most part, however,  I think if you as that question Dec 2021,  you very likely will get very different results. It depends on how people are dealing with what is going on, and whether they are.  There are many of us who are super cautious and are not doing more than the necessity and basics....  but,  many are still travelling, going out and having parties.  I see cars loaded in some driveways in my area for Sunday football get togethers!  Watching the news you see way more than that ...   

Respected Contributor

Well said, @Sooner.  I would like to return to travel when it is safe.  We will pass on eating out and shopping though - really don't miss that.  Like you, we will continue to put more emphasis on our home and having friends and family come - when it is safe.

Honored Contributor

Well first things first. My immediate concern for long-range decade planning is trying not to get COVID so that I have a life for the remainder of  this decade.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Well first things first. My immediate concern for long-range decade planning is trying not to get COVID so that I have a life for the remainder of  this decade.

Amen.

Honored Contributor

I don't see my life changing much at all.

I am a homebody most of the time. I like to be alone and don't need company.  I like people, but I am comfortable not being around them 24/7/365.

I don't view shopping as recreation.  I have ordered things on line for years....before most people did.  I am not a spender.  Sometimes I go weeks without spending a penny, except for groceries.

We don't eat out or get take out food, and I prefer to do my own grocery shopping in person.

I don't wear make-up or buy many beauty products and never have.

We own two RV's.  One ( large, 2 bedroom) is at a permanent site near a lake.  We usually spend summers there and we have a boat.  We will continue to go there.  It's a great way to social distance and spend our retirement years.

We also take a smaller RV on vacation a few times a year.  We plan to continue doing that.  You can easily social distance in an RV.

We probably will not fly to vacation anymore which makes me sad.  But, we have traveled to Asia and Europe and through most of the US previously.  This is the thing I will miss the most.  

Our lives haven't changed much at all and I don't think they will as long as we stay healthy and ambulatory.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@nyc1 I agree, but I'm mostly talking about us as individuals and what has this time made us realize and see for ourselves going forward.

I think it will be a profound and life-altering change for many of us and also not-so-much for others.

Respected Contributor

I don't have a crystal ball so I have no idea.  My husband passed away this past April so it will be a decade without him.  If we get past this Covid epidemic without contracting the disease I will be very grateful.  

I just take it one day at a time.  No great revelations or insights except life goes on.

Esteemed Contributor

Well for starters I look forward to getting rid of that stupid, hot sweaty disgusting mask. Can't wait to never have to wear one again. I'm sure we will go back to shopping, restaurants, travel just like before. But then again currently we are eating inside restaurants, shopping, movies etc..  We had a fight booked but cancelled because the airlines changed our flight to unrealistic times but we have done road trips regularly to wineries, zoos etc. so not really much will change. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is an excellent question, but one I do not have a clear perspective of. Because this has been an unprecedented year; the most jarring of my lifetime, it is difficult for me to ponder that far in the future.🤔

I find it to be a sometimes daunting task just adapting to the ever evolving, present challenges we face. However the future landscape presents itself, I will most assuredly adapt; by faith.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖