Honored Contributor

Re: How Do I Put This? A Complainer or Being Nice and Ignoring The Problem

Since I am retired and not  working, if I want to get something for lunch at a popular restaurant, I know not to go between 12 and 1 pm.  Those are the busiest times with people who work and have only a short amount of time To get their lunch.  

I figure I have more time than they do and I prefer not to dodge all of those workers who are in a hurry.

Esteemed Contributor

Since I'm retired, I never, ever go to restaurants when I know they'll be packed with folks on their lunch hour. I either go around 11:00 or at 1:00....works for me. People can be rude no matter where you go, especially when they can't put down their cell phones. As far as Chick Fil-A having stringent franchise policies, I'm sure that most every successful franchise restaurants have policies that are equally as stringent. Personally, I avoid the food at Panera, but I sure do love Chick Fil-A!

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure what the OP expects the manager to do. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

So the line of cars that were preventing you from backing out at Panera were other customers of Panera, so you're going to complain to CFA in addition to Panera?  Wow.  It's odd that there's not enough room for both the drive-through line of cars and for backing out of a parking space.  Don't think I've ever seen that.

Valued Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Personally, I avoid the food at Panera, but I sure do love Chick Fil-A!

Me, too!  I tried to eat at Panera once.  That was quite enough.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66So people who use the drive-through are inconsiderate?

Wow.

Sounds like you had a bad day and expect everyone to change how they obtain their food to suit you.

It's one thing to sit this one out and not "complain", which won't do a darn thing.

As I said earlier, the ordinances and permits are issued by city council or other board and certainly they had to know the logistics of the two food establishments.

It's quite another to speak up about more serious issues facing everyday people; people who get hurt based on who they are, and to speak up about other issues-such as the trash that gets tossed into the road and sidewalks from these food places.

Those drivers were not out to get you specifically; it happened, and now it's over.

Either park facing out at a distance from the entrance, find another Panera, or try to avoid the times when CFA will be at it's busiest.

You do have some options but with the over-swell of people on this planet we need to learn how to deal with it, like it or not.  It's not going to get better.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Good for you for speaking up @Annabellethecat66 , I'm the same way. I figure I have nothing to lose and everything to gain for speaking up ( in a nice way). Other people have have gained by what I've done, they just don't realize it!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@esmerelda As a rule, I try not to answer specifics (people).  However, I see where you specifically answered me, so I will be polite and answer you.

First, thank you for your replies.  I'll be sure to take into account all responses, your's included.

You want to talk about patience?  Hummm??? These are people who are too !!! lazy to park their car, walk in and get their food. 

Allowing for a few (who for various reasons couldn't get out of their car, I am among them sometimes), there was no way that many people couldn't have parked and gone inside of the fast food place.

It's people like .....well...anyone if the line forms somewhere else, it's people who might consider someone like myself (who doesn't just sit on their fanny and complain ....hummm) who helps make things better for others.

OK, my arm hurts patting myself on the back.  Incidentally, I am happy to report that I did receive a lot of "agreements" on my part here.  It makes my heart joyous to know there are other's out here in QVC land who would do something at least similar to me.

Patience.....??  You didn't have to sit and wait and wait until car after car followed blocking me (and other's in).  This is exactly why some people go berserk waiting and waiting and........ just because inconsiderate people can't take a minute...park...go inside and get their food!

But, at the risk of repeating myself.....I'm not surprised at the same people who gave the same comments.

To those who responded, thank you. 

There are those who sit and let other's do for them....You've answered which you are.

Hey wait......that isn't true at all. Your accusation is really over the top considering the nature of your complaint.

Many of us do speak up about necessary things but a trip to Panera and being inconvenienced because I don't want to wait to pull out isn't on my list of urgent matters to complain about......

Honored Contributor

The drive thru is there for a reason. I have learned to stay away from posts by the op.

Valued Contributor

Summer construction to fix Chick-fil-A traffic backups

Fauquier’s busiest restaurant will close six weeks this summer for reconstruction of its highway entrance and drive-thru lanes, along with a kitchen expansion.

Starting in August, Warrenton’s Chick-fil-A will undergo renovations to improve traffic flow and to alleviate backups onto West Lee Highway.

Chick-fil-A
• What: Fast-food restaurant built in 2008 on 1.2 acres.

• Where: 256 W Lee Highway, Warrenton.

• Application: Amendment to existing site plan; needs town administrative approval.

• Changes: Construct dual drive-thru lanes, add canopies and relocate the main entrance along highway to alleviate traffic stacking from single drive-thru.

• Property owner: Warrenton Crossroads LLC, Dorothy Wood.

• Applicant: Chick-fil-A Inc. of Atlanta.

• Restaurant owner: Paul Brock.

• Project cost: About $1 million.

source:

read:http://www.fauquiernow.com/index.php/fauquier_news/article/fauquier-summer-construction-to-fix-chick...